Search found 75 matches

by Brenda
Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:31 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Clothing and Undergarments
Replies: 0
Views: 327

Clothing and Undergarments

<t>Hi all! I am a parent to a 2.5yr old child with a left OBPI. My grandma recently had several strokes and has lost complete use of her left arm among other things. She has a real hard time with buttons and recently confided that she has problems with her bra. We just tried one that closed in the f...
by Brenda
Tue Jan 06, 2004 12:29 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Hair Loss After Primary??
Replies: 3
Views: 604

Re: Hair Loss After Primary??

<t>My daughter Tara is red/blonde and didn't have much hair to begin with, but I swear she lost all on the whole head that she did have right after her primary at 5 months. She will be 2 in a month and her hair has been growing in good since. She had the Mod-Quad around 18 months but kept all her ha...
by Brenda
Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:18 pm
Topic: wagon or stroller
Replies: 8
Views: 468

Re: wagon or stroller

<t>Hi Kara,<br/> <br/> After our daughter had the mod-quad we found that she didn't fit too well in a stroller. We went out and bought a big red wagon. Put a bunch of pillows and her favorite blankie and she was set. <br/> I guess it would depend on the type of stroller you have too. We just had a s...
by Brenda
Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:18 pm
Topic: Tara can 'move' her arm!
Replies: 2
Views: 271

Tara can 'move' her arm!

<t>Hey everyone! I don't leave messages very often, but this one we are excited about.<br/> <br/> My daughter Tara 19mos. just came out of her splint system. I am not sure if what she had was a 'mod-quad' but she had her subscap' lenghtened, lat' muscle split and rearranged and also her teres major(...
by Brenda
Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:11 pm
Topic: clothing for Mod Quad
Replies: 6
Views: 404

Re: clothing for Mod Quad

<r>Heather, I would be happy to send you my daughter's clothes that were altered, most of them should be Savannah's size. I will be happy to send them out in tomorrow's mail, if you would like. Just send me an address to mail them. And I don't want anything for them. Tara's grandmas and aunts did th...
by Brenda
Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:44 pm
Topic: Toddler Bed Fall-out Prevention
Replies: 22
Views: 8318

Re: Toddler Bed Fall-out Prevention

<t>Hi everyone. I was just reading through all the neat advice. As a warning please read this.<br/> <br/> Please don't put one side of the bed against the wall and a rail on the other. My sister-in-law's toddler had this same set up and is no longer here with us today. He was 14 months old.<br/> He ...
by Brenda
Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:56 am
Topic: Need Clothing?
Replies: 1
Views: 193

Need Clothing?

<r>Hi everyone! My daughter Tara, who is 1.5 years old now, will be coming out of her Airplane/Statue of Liberty Splint in about 3 weeks.<br/> <br/> Her grandma and aunt custom altered all of her cute little clothes so they would fit nicely over her left arm.<br/> <br/> They are sizes ranging from 2...
by Brenda
Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:50 am
Topic: In room during EMG???
Replies: 11
Views: 1027

Re: In room during EMG???

<t>Hi Jennifer!<br/> <br/> My daughter was about a year old when I took her in. She did fine and was only very upset about being "held down still". They did give us the option to have her sedated but that would have added about 4 hours to a 10 minute procedure, so the drs. and I agreed not to. Good ...
by Brenda
Tue Jul 29, 2003 12:09 pm
Topic: bitting
Replies: 5
Views: 894

Re: bitting

<t>Hi Tisha, My daughter, now 1.5 yrs, did the same thing. We just had to ride it out. It wasn't fun, especially when she would come close to drawing blood. <br/> Her dad and I would always tell her, "Be nice to Lefty, don't bite her" sounds funny I know, but after about a month she stopped doing it...
by Brenda
Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:58 pm
Topic: anyone with regence bluecross blueshield trying to get TES?
Replies: 4
Views: 916

Re: anyone with regence bluecross blueshield trying to get TES?

<t>Hi Sarahmae!<br/> <br/> My daughter has Regence Blue Shield. We have not tried a TES unit yet. However, with the insurance co. we have a pediatric case manager. This is a former nurse or dr who is like a middle person between you and your insurance but they do work for RBS. Do you have one? <br/>...