Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:42 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: voice recognition software
Replies: 12
Views: 1888

Re: voice recognition software

Quick question... can you change the spelling on the software? I still prefer to use correct Queen's English, like wot i woz tort at skool.
by jacko
Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:07 am
Topic: trip pics
Replies: 9
Views: 751

Re: trip pics

Brilliant Court!. Is there any chance you could work for the English Tourist Board ?
by jacko
Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:58 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: brachial plexus week
Replies: 6
Views: 583

Re: brachial plexus week

Don't know about you lot, but I find that sewing is one of the MOST difficult things it is possible to do with a BPI.

Just a 'throwaway' observation... I think the idea of making Awareness ribbons is sound.
by jacko
Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:38 pm
Topic: Worried about surgery--can anyone shed some light??????
Views: 1050

Re: Worried about surgery--can anyone shed some light??????

Jeez man.... how big woz the tree ????!!!
by jacko
Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:36 pm
Topic: crutches???
Replies: 7
Views: 1154

Re: crutches???

See my post on tbpi-group.

Hugs n stuff
by jacko
Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:22 am
Topic: Vioxx recall
Views: 1169

Re: Vioxx recall

<t>Vioxx has just been stopped in the UK as well. Aparently you could have taken in for up to 18 months with no real problems, but taking it continuosly creates a very real danger of contracting cancer. They had the choice of labelling the warning, or withdrawing the product completely. They chose t...
by jacko
Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:16 am
Topic: Swimming w/ a bpi or two
Replies: 8
Views: 1491

Re: Swimming w/ a bpi or two

<t>I love swimming. In UK pools you are not allowed to wear SCUBA gear when doing ordinary swimming - not even just the mask- which really annoys me, as it means I have to wear swimming goggles and a nose clip.<br/> I now swim a LOT more slowly than I used to with two arms, and I think that a lot of...
by jacko
Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:30 am
Topic: For those people with BPI injuries on their dominant arm...
Replies: 19
Views: 1927

Re: For those people with BPI injuries on their dominant arm...

Same here. But then it IS the same brain controlling the motor reflexes, just back-to-front. It's amazing what the brain is capable of. Just a shame that alcohol tastes so good, coz it doesn't help the motor skills too much !
by jacko
Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:13 am
Topic: Brachial plexus injury right arm
Replies: 24
Views: 2473

Re: Brachial plexus injury right arm

<r>Hello Michael and Michael's Mum (do you have a name??!!). You sound like Brits, so it would deffo be a good idea to have a look at the rest of the gang at <URL url="http://www.tbpi-group.org">www.tbpi-group.org</URL>, as well as UBPN. The info at TBPI-Group concerns UK hospitals, doctors, etc., p...
by jacko
Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:03 am
Topic: DLA benefit
Replies: 2
Views: 660

Re: DLA benefit

<t>Hi Deanie,<br/> don't want to be the bringer of bad news, but the DLA will not include the mobility component unless your leg is REALLY giving you grief due to other injury. The loss of balance, etc., is not a good enough reason according to them. You should be able to get lower rate, or possibly...