Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:09 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Susie Kaye? How's it going....?
Replies: 6
Views: 675

Re: Susie Kaye? How's it going....?

Welcome to the Monodextrous Club, Susie. Glad you're happy with the result. I know I am.
by jacko
Sat Oct 11, 2003 2:32 am
Topic: sleeping issues
Replies: 20
Views: 2634

Re: sleeping issues

<r>Unlike <B><s>[b]</s>cbe411<e>[/b]</e></B> I CANNOT sleep on my BPI side at all. If I do, I am in agony all the following day. I have to sleep on the good side. Now that I have trained my sleep patterns to avoid rolling over onto the side that gives me pain, I get a much better night's sleep. But ...
by jacko
Sun Oct 05, 2003 3:02 am
Topic: supinator strap
Replies: 9
Views: 3060

Re: supinator strap

<r>Re a strap that doesn't go round your neck:<br/> <br/> In the summer at the Squires TBPI meeting in the UK, I met a bloke from Northern Ireland (Hello Derek)who has made up a waist sling using a Weider weight lifter's belt. He added straps to it with velcro fastenings so that he can secure his BP...
by jacko
Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:57 am
Topic: NEW INJURY AND SCARED
Replies: 46
Views: 6181

Re: NEW INJURY AND SCARED

<t>Hello Hwee Yong,<br/> <br/> Sorry to say pain is almost guaranteed with this injury. Your Dad will experience pain, but it should reduce as time goes by. It is how your dad reacts to the pain that is most important. He must keep himself busy as far as possible, to take his mind off the pain. The ...
by jacko
Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:38 am
Topic: Living with BPI Handbook
Replies: 19
Views: 3407

Re: Living with BPI Handbook

Yeah, that's the way I've been doing up zips as well Jen, but one day old age will set in and my fingers won't be that nimble. Thought I'd work on the problem while I've still got some marbles.
by jacko
Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:41 am
Topic: shoulder fusion
Replies: 36
Views: 3364

Re: shoulder fusion

<r>Suzanne, <br/> a shoulder fusion should stop subluxation rather than make it worse. I recently met a fellah who'd had shoulder fusion, and he said it improved his life. Whether to go for it or nor really depends on the severity of the BPI. If your arm is extremely unlikely to recover shoulder mov...
by jacko
Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:34 am
Topic: There's no crying in baseball !
Replies: 8
Views: 1159

Re: There's no crying in baseball !

<t>Hello,<br/> <br/> all of us here are suffering the same pain & problems. Some of us gained our entry to this exclusive club by our own mistakes, some by the mistakes of others, and others by a purely accidental chance, being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Act of God, if you like, thoug...
by jacko
Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:16 am
Topic: Living with BPI Handbook
Replies: 19
Views: 3407

Re: Living with BPI Handbook

<t>I am currently working on a gadget to help with zips. In the meantime, this is an idea:<br/> <br/> use a freezer clip (like a clothespeg, but smaller and stronger) with a hole drilled in one side. Thread a piece of strong cord through the hole and tie it tight. Clamp the freezer clip to the botto...
by jacko
Thu Sep 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Topic: digital camera left hended
Replies: 4
Views: 498

Re: digital camera left hended

If all else fails, use an ordinary (right-handed)digital camera upsidedown. Just make sure your fingers don't block the lens.
by jacko
Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:27 pm
Topic: NEW INJURY
Replies: 3
Views: 644

Re: NEW INJURY

<r>You may get all sorts of weird sensations for a while. The nerves are firing but not making a proper connection, so its like getting a break in an electrical wire. There'd be no electicity travelling to its destination, just sparking and a build up of heat. <br/> In the human body that manifests ...