Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:23 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Amputation as an option
Replies: 12
Views: 2243

Re: Amputation as an option

<r>Since amputation is being discussed again, I’ve gone back through a previous post and updated it to use here. Sorry if some of you have seen some of this before, but there are a lot of people out there who haven’t.<br/> <br/> It’s now 1 year since I had my right TBPI arm amputated. The quality of...
by jacko
Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:55 am
Topic: BPI and cosmetic Plastic Surgery
Replies: 34
Views: 10883

Re: BPI and cosmetic Plastic Surgery

<t>This is an idea I hadn't thought of before. I can live with the way my arm looks (what's left of it), but the wastage in the shoulder looks terrible, and means that shirts and jackets do not hang correctly. Since my original BPI, I have built up the area around my shoulder a lot, but the top of t...
by jacko
Sun Jul 20, 2003 5:41 am
Topic: whos got problems diving with ERbs I try to help ?
Replies: 12
Views: 1341

Re: whos got problems diving with ERbs I try to help ?

I got quite excited when I saw the title of this thread, and the author "master diver". Then I found out it wasn't about Scuba after all. Big trucks may be quite exciting, but sunken wrecks and big scary fish are more so !
by jacko
Fri Jun 27, 2003 3:01 pm
Topic: Itchy Hand ?
Replies: 6
Views: 962

Re: Itchy Hand ?

<t>My elbow and wrist itch occasionally, and they aren't even there any more. Phantom itching. I fiddle about on my neck or shoulder until I hit the right spot, give it a scratch or a squeeze, and Voila ! excrutiating pain. No, I jest. It stops the itching.<br/> <br/> I often get pain in my BPI side...
by jacko
Sun Jun 08, 2003 8:04 am
Topic: trauma injuries and post traumatic stress..
Replies: 15
Views: 1909

Re: trauma injuries and post traumatic stress..

<t>PTSD. Been there, seen it, done it, bought the T-shirt that says I'm not a looney any more. I totally agree with Dave about seeing a professional to get it sorted. The trouble is, I never even realised I had it until it was diagnosed. Now life has become wonderful again.<br/> My symptoms were not...
by jacko
Sun Jun 08, 2003 7:49 am
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 53
Views: 6197

Re: Amputation

<t>Hi folks<br/> Long, long time since I posted here. Sorry. Don't get to this side of the cyber pond as much as I used to. So Suzie and Henry, I wasn't ignoring you, I just haven't been on this site for ages.<br/> <br/> It's now one year since I went for the amp. Things are great. Don't know what h...
by jacko
Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:42 pm

<t>Mikey, you'd be really surprised how light prostheses are these days. The cosmetic one that I have hardly weighs anything, and is really comfortable once it's strapped up. The fibreglass shoulder piece protects my shoulder from whacks as well, but that wouldn't be needed in your case. Obviously I...
by jacko
Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:19 pm

<t>Hi folks.<br/> Re the last 2 questions: Having my arm taken off has made no difference to the pain. I had pretty much overcome that anyway, and there is just some occasionally. I rarely have really bad pain now, but I do have enough on a bad day to keep me from sleeping properly. (oops, that shou...
by jacko
Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:00 pm
Topic: running and biking
Replies: 11
Views: 1558

Re: running and biking

Jenny, thanks for the info. It's got the old grey matter starting to work now. I pride myself in my ability to adapt things, but I hadn't thought of the chest thingy.
Keep well :)
by jacko
Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:31 pm
Topic: running and biking
Replies: 11
Views: 1558

Re: running and biking

<t>I used to be a good swimmer. It's no fun now coz I can't go caning up and down the pool at speed, so I took up cycling. I have a bike with a twist-grip shifter for the gears, and the brakes linked to the left handlebar brake lever. I really enjoy cycling now, but I still haven't worked out a way ...