Search found 305 matches

by JaimeC
Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:03 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Any suggestions to help with buttoning?
Replies: 18
Views: 2465

Re: Any suggestions to help with buttoning?

<t>Hi Laura, my son Tyler is 9 and figured out how to close snap jeans when he was about 7. He hates button jeans, so he only has snap for now, but from all these stories it sounds like buttons are not impossible! At age 6, he may just not be coordinated enough to get it figured out. You're right th...
by JaimeC
Fri Feb 18, 2005 10:53 pm
Topic: potty training
Replies: 9
Views: 622

Re: potty training

<t>Tisha, I think Janet's right. Most 2 1/2 year olds just aren't very coordinated, and doubly so when they have a severe BPI. My son had no use of his hand at 2 1/2 either and struggled quite a bit to get those pants up. I used bigger underwear and elastic waist pants that are loose and he just wor...
by JaimeC
Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:44 pm
Topic: pain when ill?
Replies: 8
Views: 535

Re: pain when ill?

<t>Jennifer, my son only has pain in his arm when he has a fever. He's 9 now and describes it as "my arm is shocking me", so I guess he feels an electric shock down his arm. It happends every 15 seconds or so while he has a fever. Sometimes he winces and grabs his arm with each shock...I've heard ma...
by JaimeC
Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:53 pm
Topic:
Replies: -1
Views:

Re: WOW...the pictures

What's the website please??? Thanks!
Jaime
by JaimeC
Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:30 pm
Topic: surgery to release mcp joints
Replies: 5
Views: 758

Re: surgery to release mcp joints

<t>Gosh, several years ago, when my son had his second surgery, there was a kid who had this done. Otherwise I've never known anyone. It was at TCH, and I'm sure it was Dr. Nath. This kid seemed to do just fine. He was up and about that evening and didn't even seem fazed. I bet he was about 7 years ...
by JaimeC
Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:54 pm
Topic: 20/4/80 Program?
Replies: 1
Views: 567

Re: 20/4/80 Program?

<r>Hi, check out <URL url="http://www.tascnetwork.net">www.tascnetwork.net</URL>. It is Karen Pape's website, and it goes into detail about the 20/4/80 program. It's got a ton of great information on it. I "subscribed" to the website and the articles are well worth the small fee. (I think $35 or so)...
by JaimeC
Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:43 pm
Topic: Karen Pape Seminars
Replies: 22
Views: 2145

Re: Karen Pape Seminars

WHAT?????????? You've GOT to be kidding!
That's horrible! I was so looking forward to going! I couldn't sign up until after Christmas (you know - $$$). So much for that...........RockyMtnGal, where did you hear this?
Jaime
by JaimeC
Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:53 pm
Topic: 1st timers....big decisions
Replies: 14
Views: 1334

Re: 1st timers....big decisions

<t>Katie, my son is 9 and has had four surgeries at Texas Children's Hospital. The first three with Dr. Nath and the last with Dr. Shenaq. I have utmost confidence in both doctor's. I don't think you can go wrong with either. <br/> Glad you found the website and all the information out there. It's h...
by JaimeC
Fri Dec 10, 2004 2:21 pm
Topic: TES units
Replies: 3
Views: 424

Re: TES units

<t>My son is older so it's not an issue, but for comfort, we place the electrodes, then cover the arm to the armpit with a "sock". I put the whole unit through his sleeve, so the wires are coming out by the armpit and going down his side. Then I place the unit it a fanny pack and it goes around his ...
by JaimeC
Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:46 pm
Topic: brachial plexus block-good or bad idea
Replies: 8
Views: 1205

Re: brachial plexus block-good or bad idea

EEK! This doesn't sound good to me. I would be VERY hesitant to allow this....nah - I'm just pretty sure I couldn't allow it. Not unless I was presented with a very good PROVEN reason to do it. Why mess with an already injured plexus? Scary!
Jaime