Search found 33 matches

by thebrain
Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Amputation...
Replies: 54
Views: 51568

Re: Amputation...

Andrew, It sounds like I'm a couple years behind where you're at, but certainly on a similar path... It's been almost 2 years since my accident, I had the surgeries for supraspinatus (works) and bicep(just started noticeably tensing when I breathe), and I'm on Gabapentin, Amitryptiline, and a muscle...
by thebrain
Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:24 pm
Topic: Resources link
Replies: 4
Views: 2222

Re: Resources link

I may have said this before, but Dr. Catherine Curtin at Stanford Hospital in Palo Alto/Redwood City CA specializes in BPI. She did a couple surgeries for me, I recommend her highly.
-brian
by thebrain
Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:55 am
Topic: Trouble finding Doctor
Replies: 12
Views: 6216

Re: Trouble finding Doctor

Second what jmar said... I'm sure mayo is great and all, but they're not the only place in the country. I can reccommend Dr. Catherine Curtin at Stanford Hospital in Redwood City, CA, which may be a little closer, depending on where exactly in AZ you are.
by thebrain
Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:20 am
Topic: My new custom cutting board
Views: 11375

Re: My new custom cutting board

We did design it around a particular knife and I did think about that. We could have done it differently so that any knife would work but this was the most secure way to do it, given that we had a particular knife. I picked a cheap, easily replaceable one (standard brand at restaurant supply stores)...
by thebrain
Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:40 pm

Re: My new custom cutting board

I could see them when I checked this page, not signed in and from a different computer... can anybody else chime in?
by thebrain
Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 pm

My new custom cutting board

I have been wanting to come up with a good solution for breaking down vegetables (or whatever) for cooking. I have a food processor and a mandolin, so I've got the slicing, julienne-ing, etc. under control, but it's hard to get to that point sometimes - things don't always want to hold still to get ...
by thebrain
Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:01 am
Topic: taking my arm off
Views: 6522

Re: taking my arm off

hey man, i have a lot of the same thoughts. i'm sitting at about 17 months from my accident, i've had 2 surgeries - one to re-enervate a muscle in my shoulder (supraspinatus) and one to re-enervate my bicep. only the shoulder worked. a lot of the time, i wish that i could go back and avoid those two...
by thebrain
Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:47 am
Topic: LAST SURGERY!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 3195

Re: LAST SURGERY!!!

congrats on being 'done' (fingers crossed)

i watched your video and i have to say, i would kill for that kind of function in my left arm
by thebrain
Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 am
Topic: Medicine question
Replies: 4
Views: 1888

Re: Medicine question

I'm going to respond to the "such as" part of the question as I've never taken wellbutrin but have taken a couple different antidepressants. As of now I only take gabapentin 1200mg 3x/day. At one point my pain management doc prescribed me desipramine in addition to the gabapentin, which do...
by thebrain
Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:42 pm
Topic: Mommys Little Girl
Replies: 2
Views: 925

Re: Mommys Little Girl

There are a lot of people on here who have had to make that decision for themselves, and can give you some insight into how they made that decision. My doc has suggested a free muscle transfer for me, I haven't made my mind up about it. I don't see some info about your daughter that I think would be...