by djk
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: electronic cigs
Replies: 4
Views: 3359

electronic cigs

hi everyone,
i'm wondering if anyone has tried electronic cigs for pain. i've heard nicotine helps some with the pain and am curious if anyone here has tried e-cigs and if so what results you have felt. thanks.
by djk
Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:58 pm
Topic: My new custom cutting board
Replies: 12
Views: 11366

Re: My new custom cutting board

just try to keep every one's spirits on the upside. that was not the only shop, nor the only lathe. if and when you and your friend have the resources to resume research bump this thread with the news. i'm thinking i could send the knife i wanted fitted or y'all could include a knife that the board ...
by djk
Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:20 pm
Topic: My new custom cutting board
Replies: 12
Views: 11366

Re: My new custom cutting board

pictures show here also. the only thing i can think of is that there is a setting in the control panel for display of images. but if this thread is the only one not showing the that is not the problem. about the board, it looks like it is made for a specific knife so if you can come up with an adjus...
by djk
Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:30 pm
Topic: nail clippers
Replies: 5
Views: 2585

Re: nail clippers

hi all,
i got one of these about a year ago and it works quite well and has held up too. they are kinda pricey though [~25 bucks]

by djk
Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:55 am
Topic: Is this forever?
Replies: 14
Views: 8677

Re: Is this forever?

hi lisa, i like that question. i've learned that the answer is individualistic. it seems to be a matter of degree of the specific injury. each of us here has similar yet very different injuries. the past year has been the most interesting, painful, challenging, creative,learning experience of my lif...
by djk
Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:11 pm
Topic: New to group (basic beginner questions)
Replies: 7
Views: 2605

Re: New to group (basic beginner questions)

hi ian welcome to the forum. i've found it very important to be as active as possible. keep the injured limb supported. the meds i have used to help with the pain thing are lortab, gabapentin snd pregablin. it was a learning process for me and i'm lucky to have a doctor who is willing to find the ri...
by djk
Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:15 pm
Topic: Overly Optomistic
Replies: 7
Views: 3234

Re: Overly Optomistic

i think in a way it's a love thing. people love you and it's their expression of that love in the way they think is appropriate. you kinda have to filter it and realize that it's coming from a very good intention even though you realize that it may be somewhat overboard based on what you know and un...
by djk
Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 am
Topic: spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI
Replies: 5
Views: 2988

Re: spinal cord stimulator for pain management post TBPI

good luck marlene1959. this sounds interesting.
by djk
Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 pm
Topic: New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's
Replies: 10
Views: 4710

Re: IMPORTANT!!!! New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's

i love to prep & cook and i've always felt there is nothing like a beautiful woman with a razor sharp cleaver. :D i'm very happy for you. thank you for posting the link. doug
by djk
Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:01 pm
Topic: Athletic Activities you are doing!
Replies: 39
Views: 21378

Re: Athletic Activities you are doing!

great picture. it would be fun to be able to do that. if i was a judge in a competition i would request a card much higher than 10. she, and everyone around her can be very proud and pleased. thanks for letting us see that. doug