Search found 100 matches

by ArmStrong
Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:20 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: Amputation...
Replies: 54
Views: 51564

Re: Amputation...

I'm almost 2 years post injury and I think about this alot,I have limited hand function and no arm function and it is extremely uncomfortable,I ask myself do I want to carry this arm around for the rest of my life?.I think whatever you decide you will be just fine,sounds like you've handled this sit...
by ArmStrong
Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:58 am
Topic: A year post surgery.
Replies: 2
Views: 1806

Re: A year post surgery.

Wow that is really great! I haven't had any recovery yet but I love to hear when someone else does.I'm very happy for you! may you continue to get better....keep us posted and best of luck!
by ArmStrong
Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:41 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Morgan Freeman has TBPI
Views: 2235

Re: Morgan Freeman has TBPI

There is a high profile rapper named DJ Paul from a group called 3 Six Mafia who has OBPI his group won some big award for a song they wrote for the movie Hustle&Flow and he's always on TMZ among other shows.I never knew he had this injury until a friend told me and I looked it up,unfortunately ...
by ArmStrong
Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:51 pm
Topic: taking my arm off
Replies: 12
Views: 6522

Re: taking my arm off

Yeah Bjennings wouldn't that I-Robot arm be the coolest! I have 2 avulsed nerves and I fractured my everything T-1 thru T-10,neck and back which healed fine obviously the arm got the worse.I think you could still have a chance of getting something back since the majority of your injury is a stretch ...
by ArmStrong
Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:18 am
Topic: taking my arm off
Replies: 12
Views: 6522

Re: taking my arm off

This is one I think about alot,I'm 1yr and 2mon. post injury and 8months post surgery that is supposed to give me elbow flexion but nothing so far.I think alot of that decision obviously depends on how much function you still have or may get back.All I have is some finger and hand function which is ...
by ArmStrong
Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:38 pm
Topic: LAST SURGERY!!!
Replies: 5
Views: 3192

Re: LAST SURGERY!!!

What a journey for you Angela,glad to know you're done with having surgery you've come along way!may God bless you and your family and may you continue to make strides.Thanks for sharing.
by ArmStrong
Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:07 pm
Topic: Not taking "nothing can be done" as an answer.
Replies: 13
Views: 8473

Re: Not taking "nothing can be done" as an answer.

Hello,I was in a motorcycle accident on 9-19-10 had surgery in march and still do not have any new movement in my arm.My suggestion is to get seen by a doctor who speacializes in tbpi,the Mayo clinic is highly recommended and you should do this asap.The longer you wait the less chance you have of re...
by ArmStrong
Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:30 pm
Topic: How is everyone?
Replies: 6
Views: 2521

Re: How is everyone?

Hi Angela, Glad to hear that you haven't had time to check in that means you've been busy! that's great I'm very happy that you have been able to get back to life full steam ahead.Well today makes one year exactly since my accident,not a great year..lol..alot of changes,nothing new as far as recover...
by ArmStrong
Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:48 pm
Topic: Recovery
Views: 1574

Re: Recovery

Depends on what your injury is,avulsion,stretch,severed....outcomes can be different case by case..good luck and best wishes.
by ArmStrong
Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:59 pm
Topic: New to group (basic beginner questions)
Replies: 7
Views: 2608

Re: New to group (basic beginner questions)

Hello Ian and welcome to ubpn,sorry it's under these circumstances but this is a pretty good place for info and support.I had my motorcycle accident in sept. of last year,2 avulsed nerves,surgery in march now just waiting for results.As far as the emg goes it never hurts to get a second opinion but ...