Ryan - suggestion for you as requested

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
Joanie

Re: Ryan - suggestion for you as requested

Post by Joanie »

To me, the print seems larger than before. We have a large screen, though, to accommodate my husband's eyesight.

We don't have a "view" button at the top. Most of the time the technical computer talk goes right past me because I don't understand the vocabulary. Ex.: I'm not sure what a server is. This has been explained to me before, but the explanations don't make sense to me. Maybe I need a computer class.

Anyway, here's my problem. Every topic that has had a new posting since the switch to the new server still has the dot filled in as if I haven't visited the boards since the switch. I try to visit each day, so now I have to look at the date and time of the last post on each thread to determine which threads actually have something new for me to read. Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Joanie
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Ryan,
I vote to keep this. It is wonderful.
Many BIG Hugs,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

> Anyway, here's my problem. Every topic that has had a
> new posting since the switch to the new server still
> has the dot filled in as if I haven't visited the
> boards since the switch. I try to visit each day, so
> now I have to look at the date and time of the last
> post on each thread to determine which threads
> actually have something new for me to read. Can this
> be fixed?

I have the above problem too, but I am MORE than happy with the font and the size thanks!! :0)It can stay this way for me for good as far as I'm concerned. Many thanks Ryan!! :0)

Lizzyf
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Same problems as above, including font size... even though yes I can change it it changes it for every site until I log off the net and re-log back on... VERY ANNOYING!

I'm sorry to complain, but I am not liking this.

I find itmost frustrating that the dots stay filled even though I have visited that page AND topic multiple times..

Marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

LOVE IT keep it the way it is......I can see the font without my contacts.....the little things make me happy :)
GAYLE
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

OK, I can change the font for when I change websites, but that too becomes annoying. Having to change it every time I switch sites. For me the font is way too small unless I enlarge it, I don't understand why some people find it bigger? Maybe it depends on the browser used?
Marieke
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I personally find it very hard to read large and small because the spacing between the letters is too tight. If the spacing was better, the smaller would work.

Just type a line or two in your word processing software in this font in large and small and you will see what I mean by letter spacing. That's the real problem here.

But if you can't change that and the choice is between large or small, at least with large you can make it out and small is almost completely unreadable. But do poll the message boards to get everyone's opinion.

Also, as said previously the "already read this post" dot stays on.