FDR and water exercise for Piolo

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
Master DIVER TOM

FDR and water exercise for Piolo

Post by Master DIVER TOM »

If water help exercise help do it :roll: ;) :D
Warm water help at what ever depth ;) :D A deep massage in your hand and shoulder and help ;) :D My mom did this for my birth erbs when I was little, she told me I :shock: :D
Warm water helps a lotion and a message fell Great ;) :D
Water in helping pain and cramping. :shock: ;) :D
I scuba dive because to be weight less like a astronaut is Bliss, Really ;) :D
I have read a past post about a child having other issues growing up and further limitation and pain :shock: The pain and limitation , May happen :shock: But the joy of trying out weight the possibility. Focus the joy of doing what you can do than future limitation you may or may not have :shock: ;) I never had a overuse issue driving a semi in the other good arm, till I fell back into moving traffic, I caught my fall in three fingers, Ouch :shock: ;)
I am screwed in both arms and I still diver.
No Pain no joy, Trying move us forwards,By So many post ;) :D
Did this help??? Just a try to make sense??? :shock:
2015 camp and a pool or lake??? There are many here with water experience :shock: ;) :D The joy to find bliss from pain is being in water.
FDR suffer in polio pain Forever, The relief of pain and muscle cramping happen to! :shock: :D
Just thinking :shock: :D
Hugs,

Tom
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: FDR and water exercise for Piolo

Post by jmar »

I never learned to swim. I have an extremely hard time holding my breath due to lung issues. I am doing swim lessons now. But I have been doing water exercises for a few years. So if you think you cant get in a pool because you cant swim....well that is no excuse. My lung issues are actually getting better due to learning to kick in the water properly. It is also making my legs stronger. My balance is getting better also. It also helps with relieving stress because it forces you to relax. So water exercises are more beneficial than just helping with the bpi issues.
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: FDR and water exercise for Piolo

Post by Carolyn J »

I agree with everything you posted, joyce. i found to be true for me too in mid 2005ish when i did pool excercises for 2 years. Walking Miss Lucy, my service dog, 5 times daily now takes alot/ enough excercise for me.we live in an apartment..

Carolyn J
LOBPI/76