Brachial Plexus Avulsion pain relief

Welcome Newbies! Introduce yourselves!
reneejmeyer
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: injury date 9-9-2009. Dirt bike accident, resulting in a TBI and brachial plexus avulsion. Right arm, now has some movement in arm, has had nerve/muscle transfers done at Mayo Clinic and last operation was to have shoulder reconstruction. My husband suffers nerve pain, but lately has neck pain - his muscles their have turned to rock and causing pain - we are going to try botox. Anyone else tried this or suffers from neck pain due to tight muscles?
Thank you - so glad I have found this

Brachial Plexus Avulsion pain relief

Post by reneejmeyer »

Hello all, so glad I found this page! My husband suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury and Brachial Plexus injury back in 2009 after a dirt bike accident. We have been to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester a few times for the nerve/muscle transfers (he has some pretty good movement in his right arm), his last operation was a shoulder reconstruction. He of course suffers from nerve pain and takes neurotin daily :D and methadone when he is having a really bad day. He has recently started having neck pain, his muscles in his neck are like rocks. I was wondering if anyone else suffers from neck pain, one doctor has suggested Botox shots. I look forward to any feedback. Also interested in others pain management.
jmar
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: brachial plexus stretch during thoracic outlet syndrome surgery on may 18, 2010.

Re: Brachial Plexus Avulsion pain relief

Post by jmar »

Water excercises. Even if you do them in a bathtub. Pool is awesome for pain relief.