Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
Medlin

Post by Medlin »

I would like to see UBPN add to the profile a section to put a short bio. Like who in a certain family is affected by a BPI, and ages, stuff like that. I don't know if it is possible...I just can't keep people strait in my head, and I feel like I have to give vital stats everytime I post so people will know who I am.

Just a thought....
Thanks!
Melissa
lizzyb

Re: Profile

Post by lizzyb »

There is somewhere on this site where you can do this...kind of! here is the link..http://ubpn.org/ubpnstories.nsf/stories.html.but I see that no-one seems to have used this section of the site since 2001 which is a real shame really.

Lizzyb
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

for security reasons, it might be helpful if UBPN established levels or something for this personal information..like you can only review the profiles if you are a registered user...don't know if it even helps with security issues, but just a suggestion.
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Thanks for your suggestions. Not sure why people have stopped using the profile section. Maybe because it isn't viewable from the home page or the message board page? There are many other web site housekeeping items that have been identified. We intend to get to to work on them but right now we’re trying to improve the site server and software.

John P.
UBPN
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Post by Brenda333 »

No one is using the Profile section because it isn't working. You get this message:

Share Your Story
We are sorry but at this time we are updating the
"Share Your Story" section of the website and are
unable to record your story at this time.

The UBPN thanks you for your support as we upgrade
our site to better serve you, our community.

Click Here to go back.
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Brenda:

Good catch. I remembered seeing the previous stories but had forgotten about the go back message.

John P.