guest postings

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

guest postings

Post by jennyb »

Visiting the board today I noticed that many new messages had appeared, some of which were posted many days ago. There are around 8 on the tbpi board alone, none of which showed as 'new' messages, some of which were posted as long as 5 days ago. They were all 'guest' posts. I understand you now check these before allowing them onto the message board but because of the delay many go unnoticed and therefore unanswered. Is there any way you could reduce the delay between these people posting and their messages appearing? I'm now wondering how many other posts have gone unanswered like this in the past. If it's poor Ryan's job, sorry mate, I know you need a weekend too but maybe you need a deputy :0)
jennyb
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: January 1980 Yamaha RD200 vs 16 wheeler truck, result, 1 totally paralysed right arm. I was 21, now 54. I had no surgery, I don't regret this. Decided to totally ignore limitations (easily done aged 21) adapted very quickly to one handed life, got married, had 3 kids, worked- the effect of the injury on my life (once the pain stopped being constant) was minimal and now, aged 54, I very rarely even think of it, unless I bash it or it gets cold, then I wish I'd had it amputated :) Except for a steering knob on my car, I have no adaptations to help with life, mainly because I honestly don't think of myself as disabled and the only thing I can't do is peel potatoes, which is definitely a good thing.

ps.........

Post by jennyb »

......a VERY quick look at the gen board reveals LOTS of messages where guest posters are asking questions and they haven't been answered, the traffic over there means they have even gone onto the 2nd page. Please take a good look at all the messages peeps, even if there isn't a red dot there may be people needing help.....thanks :0)
njbirk

Re: ps.........

Post by njbirk »

Jenny,
I approved a lot of those guest messages today. I've been away for 5 days and not near a computer. I do try to moderate as efficiently as possible but it is not always possible.
Nancy Birk
UBPN Secretary
admin
Site Admin

Re: guest postings

Post by admin »

bump
admin
Site Admin

Re: ps.........

Post by admin »

sklha'lkhg'