therapy

Send suggestions to the UBPN or find answers to your questions about the boards.
Femke

therapy

Post by Femke »

Our daughter has a brachial plexus injury to her left arm. She is 9 months old now and had surgery last december. We are seeing a fysiotherapist once a week, who has recommended some sort of taping (Medical Taping Concept\Kinesio taping) to get her hand in an upright position. Is anyone familiar with this? Any experiences with other forms of therapy?
Femke & Arjan

BIGJAVSMOM

Re: therapy

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

you should post on the general obpi message board. I don't personally have any experience with this, but I know that there are parents that do. Try also searching the archives for past topics abbout taping. hope this helps.

marlyn
Tress

Re: therapy

Post by Tress »

Best wishes on your daughter first of all.Second of all, yes, I have heard of taping and I currently use the treatment with my daughter, Piper, who is only 4 months old.As well as he regular PT and E-Stim.I wanted to try every intervention possible until she has all her tests next month on the 5th.It is a very simple and easy technique that basically teaches the childs muscles to move seperately with minimal pressure where needed.I had my daughters PT show me how to do this.If you can't find any information on it, I could get mine copied and sent to you that I received from Dr.Grossman in Miami.