Who's Going to Camp?

Discuss Camp UBPN
jep98056

Re: Who's Going to Camp?

Post by jep98056 »

Marlene and I will be there. It will be a "Capitol Place to Be". We're getting excited to see everyone.

John P. (ROBPI)
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Rachel
Finally we will meet face to face... do you think we will be able to talk or just hand each other e-mails... LOL...
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
evee

Post by evee »

I will be there with my 2 year old son and my teenage son. I don't know anyone but hope to meet new friends at camp.

rachelcasa

Post by rachelcasa »

Kath,
Hopefully I can spit out a few words. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. See you soon.
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Evee
You don't have to know anyone... this is a way of meeting each other. I never met anyone with this injury until 5 years ago. I only attended one camp because I was to busy with my children having babies... LOL... We will meet at camp and you will go home knowing everyone!

I anxious to put a face to some of my long lost e-mail pals...

Kath adult/obpi (65)
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Hello Kath and EVERYONE,
I am sooo excited to finally meet you all. Kath, I just bought my 1st pack of Depends,believe it or not!!LOL....I've just returned from 10 days in Boise Idaho and now have to take my angel of a son who does not drive,somewhere for a 4 day weekend, so he doesn't miss out on having a trip somewhere, brfore I come to Camp.
BTW, I learned the hard way, driving to Idaho & back, that I DO NEED DEPENDS when traveling. I feel very well prepared for Camp and the fun we all will have....Did I say I just can hardly wait?!!
Hugs,
Carolyn J
age 67 & proud of it!
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! We just found out that we are going!
I'm so excited! Can't wait to see everyone from the last camp and can't wait to meet new friends! My Daughter Megan is 9 and is LOBPI, We are from Bacliff, Texas.
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Good Luck!

I LOVE Louisiana!!! What part are you from?

Looking forward to meeting you!

Peggy
sydsmom

Post by sydsmom »

I will be there with my husband (Marty), my 11 year old son Joey (who hasn't started back to school yet, but is very excited to get out of school a few days for this) and my 6 year old Sydney (LOPBI). We're looking forward to it!!

Deanna
Cincinnati, OH