Horseback Riding Concern

Discuss Camp UBPN
TNT1999

Re: Horseback Riding Concern

Post by TNT1999 »

Thanks, Karen and thank you also to the Doubletree Hotels. That's great news!! ~Tina
TNT1999

Post by TNT1999 »

Thanks, Gayle and Marlyn. Yes, Nicole is biracial. Not only that, but my m-i-l tells me that my dh has the worst hair of all her kids. I'm half Italian and some other things and I got the Italian curly hair from my Dad. So, I basically knew my children would have curly hair, but wasn't quite prepared for how it is. Joshua's is fine b/c I just keep it short, but Nicole likes having all the braids (and I don't blame her). I had heard the same thing about lice not liking to be in hair with all the products in it. It's good to get some reassurance of that. Nicole's hair is thick too. I usually put about 7 braids in it. I have a few "blackmail" pics of her when I take her braids out. You should see how much hair she has and it will stay standing straight up if I put it that way (maybe I'll scan and e-mail you a picture SSSHH)! LOL! Needless to say, this has been a learning experience for me. Oh and about Sally's, I have a card and am a regular there. I have a whole basket of different hair products I've tried with Nicole. Recently, a friend who is a hairdresser got me some good shampoo and conditioner too. Yes, I use a detangling comb too. So, I got all the supplies and do my best, but it still hurts her some of the time no matter how careful I am. We usually put in a Wiggles DVD or something long and entertaining to help keep her mind off it. Anyway, thanks for the tips.

~Tina
BIGJAVSMOM

Post by BIGJAVSMOM »

lol Tina- sounds like me as a kid. Glad to know you are well stocked. lol

Detangling spray works great for those "off"days.
I STILL use johnson and johnson detangling spray on me.

Marlyn

Hope you all have a great time at camp.