Home from Camp

Discuss Camp UBPN
Judy-T
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Right arm OBPI One surgery at age 40 Ulnar nerve retransposition

Re: Home from Camp

Post by Judy-T »

It was great meeting you Liz! Thankyou so much for stepping in and giving us a hand with everything.Glad you made back o.k. .Tell Neil we said hi! ....Judy
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

I am one of the last to arrive home from camp (John and Marlene Petit are still travelling I believe). I just got in last night and still have to unpack the car with all the boxes of camp stuff!

I went up to New England after camp to visit with some elderly relatives that I very much needed to see. I learned a lot about my mom and how she felt about my injury in the process and so it was a very good visit in many ways.

It was so wonderful to meet so many of you at camp that I have only 'met' on the Internet and to see others that are now like family to me. There is never enough time at camp to spend time with everyone that I'd like to have spent time with, but it is good to leave wishing for more, isn't it?

Photos are coming in to the Birk house. Please send more that we can use for the CD Tim is compiling.

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Our thanks to the board and organizers of Camp UBPN 2005 also. This was our first camp experience and it was great. We had a blast. It was nice to finally meet people in person. I wish we could have met everyone, but there was always so much going on. I can't wait till 2007. Many, many thanks to everyone who made this camp run so smoothly. You all are an awesome bunch of people. Thanks to all the families who came to enjoy the camp experience....you made it wonderful.
Karrie
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I am so glad everyone had a great time. Many kudos to Nancy and Karen and the whole board and spouses for all their hard work. We really had a great time and wish we had more time to meet everyone who was there.

Julia, Scott and Josh Aten
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

Yep, I guess Marlene and I are the last one's back. We decided to extend our trip east to include Williamsburg, the Outer Banks, and Charleston SC. Beautiful scenes along the way.

Thanks to everyone for making Camp interesting and fun for us. Also, a special thanks to Carolyn J. for being there, if not to compare our experiences with our Senate representative, then to receive the "Most Senior" recognition. There must be someone else out there Carolyn. We just need to get them to camp in 2007.

John P.