When Does It Get Easier???

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Julie

Re: When Does It Get Easier???

Post by Julie »

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. It means so much to me to feel like I am not alone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Julie,
I am sorry to hear of the heart ache you are going through. I know how you feel although I don't have another young one to care for as well as a bpi baby. I can tell you that you will see improvements after surgery but it does take time. Especially as injured as you little angel was. I just wanted you to know that you aren't alone feeling the way you do. I too looked for Sabrina to crawl and clap, and now that it has been a year since the surgery I am amazed at all she can do....... If you ever need someone to listen feel free to email me. Good luck for you and your little angels
Dana
Kotie

Post by Kotie »

Reading your message brought back so many feelings and emotions for me. The day I brought my daughter home from the hospital....nobody had any clue what was up with her arm as I am sure many of you experienced....was the first day I yelled at my older daughter. I felt like I was coming unglued for a long time. My older daughter celebrates my little one's success with her arm..I remember being awakened one Saturday morning MUCH TOO EARLY and Jacquie was saying...."Look Mommy, Katie can put her arm over her head....good girl Katie!" She forgave both of us for the rocky start! Now I look at my beautiful, vivacious 4 year old red-head in her dancing class and I could cry all over again. She struggles to do things like get her hands on her hips, but she tries and is accepted by the other kids for it. That was one of my biggest fears, that she would somehow be an outcast because of her BPI. My point is (sorry I do blab sometimes) that life is strange, there are always twists and turns in the way, this is a big one, but you will find joy in ways that don't involve your child's arm....and even some that do!

Best of Luck,

heather
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

First let me say, I can't relate in the same ways as you. I have BP and well, reading all of the messages made me think of what my mother went through almost 23 years ago. But, from a different viewpoint let me say, they are right try not to worry as much. I know it's hard to do but trust me growing up your daughter will do so much that you never thought possible. And they probably won't think that they are handicapped at all.
I played tennis, now think about that serving with my BP arm. I still have no clue how I learned to, but I adjusted to do it my own way and I still do. And so will your she, you may think she won't do something but she will, I first jumped rope in high school. You know what it felt so wonderful, you learn to appriciate little things and remember, she's not like the other kids, but truly it's in a wonderful way.
All kids do everthing when the time is right for them. I like to think that BP's are truly blessed, though many don't see it yet. I do!!!
Traci