Capsulodesis and/or Osteotomy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Kathleen

Patti 1

Post by Kathleen »

Patti
external rotation

I do not have external rotation and I think it is great that your son was able to regain this motion.

It is a simple functions of the arm for those who have it.
But a major loss for those who do not have...

Kath
Patty1

Re: Capsulodesis and/or Osteotomy

Post by Patty1 »

Hi Lyn,

Actually I think you were one of the people I talked to about the Osteotomy. I didn't realize your son was 21 now. It sounds like he is doing great. Did you find there wasn't much that could slow him down? What part of his arm did they cut the bone? Has he had other surgeries? Cole loves the water to. We've taken him swimming several times and he's a real fish. We were considering lessons and I guess now is as good a time as any. Take care and thanks.

Kathleen - thanks for the vote of confidence. Best wishes to you.

Patty
francine

Re: Capsulodesis and/or Osteotomy

Post by francine »

I wish we could find someone in their 50's or 60's that had an osteotomy as a child.... I'll email the docs to see if they know of anyone...

Lyn - glad to hear that Joel has no pain - so this gives us hope. Do you think this is because he's so active though? What if a child doesn't pursue such an active lifestyle - do you think it would be the same?

It's so HARD to make these decisions!
Wish it didn't have to be,
francine