Search found 11 matches

by stanleyars
Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:37 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Woman w/BPI concerns with getting pregnant
Replies: 9
Views: 6456

Re: Woman w/BPI concerns with getting pregnant

I would say that my BPI injury is not a severe case. I also was worried about having children but from the aspect of how I would carry my child. I had NO problems with BPI during preganancy. However, I learned very fast to use a stroller when ever possible and carry as little as possible in the diap...
by stanleyars
Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:52 pm
Topic: breastfeeding help!
Replies: 6
Views: 2840

Re: breastfeeding help!

Lots of pillows like everyone else has said. I also found that if I sat on the couch or chair and could use my leg/knee to help prop the pillows up (or keep them from sinking) helped and used the football hold. What ever you do try not to get frustrated....I did before I found what worked for me...m...
by stanleyars
Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:53 pm
Topic: Reality check
Replies: 8
Views: 1437

Re: Reality check

<t>The cyst has gone away for the time being. I was actually seeing a doctor through work for the cyst since it occurred at work. I had to do physical prior to being hired. As of right now my Employee Health staff at work, are saying it is their responsibility as they approved me to do the work that...
by stanleyars
Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:47 pm
Topic: Reality check
Replies: 8
Views: 1437

Reality check

<t>I have not posted for a long time, let alone checked the message board. However, I signed on tonight as I just had my first reality check on over using my good arm. I have a ganglion cyst on my good wrist due to over use and unfortunately is one associated with huge amounts of pain. Thank you onc...
by stanleyars
Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:34 am
Topic: New Roll Call...
Replies: 44
Views: 7448

Re: New Roll Call...

I am Amanda, 24 years old, LOBPI, no Horners that I am aware of, Female
by stanleyars
Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:06 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: cheerleading question
Replies: 13
Views: 2659

Re: cheerleading question

<t>I have a LOBPI. I would say my injury has not affected my movement to much. I can't straighten my arm, raise it over my head, or put it behind my back. I went to a small private school in junior high. There were only 10 girls in my class and only 6 of us wanted to be a cheerleader. So it was fun ...
by stanleyars
Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:15 pm
Topic: Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or both
Replies: 11
Views: 5937

Re: Confused??Do you guys have bicep function or tricep or both

<t>I have good bicep movement but not tricep. I am like you in the sense that I can bend my arm to my mouth. I can also use my affected arm to reach to scratch my back around my neck area, but nowhere else. I also can supinate my arm greater than 50 percent. I also have good grip and finger movement...
by stanleyars
Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:55 pm
Topic: Washing hair
Replies: 16
Views: 2627

Re: Washing hair

<t>I have been watching myself do things since I read this post. I have realized that no matter how hard I try to use both arms my non-injured arm is the one doing all the work. It is amazing that just being more observant we all might realize that we use our non-injured arm more than we think.<br/>...
by stanleyars
Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:34 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: I feel like this injury is consuming my life
Replies: 14
Views: 2334

Re: I feel like this injury is consuming my life

<t>This post has me amazed. To all you mothers out there that have worked so hard at trying to help better your child's injury, you will never know how much you child will appreciate it later in life. I love my mother to death, but I was born in a time period where not everyone had the internet. Thu...
by stanleyars
Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:07 pm
Topic: Not sure how to help pain
Replies: 7
Views: 1392

Re: Not sure how to help pain

<t>Thank you all for some suggestions. I was unsure of the next step to take. I do have insurance and it is really good insurance as I work for a hospital. I used to see a Chiropractor and would get some relief. I was going two to three times a week. Sometimes the chiropractor made things worse thou...