Search found 305 matches

by JaimeC
Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:37 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Video Games
Replies: 13
Views: 1962

Re: Video Games

<t>My son, who is 12, plays Playstation and X-Box with one hand. He holds up the controller and uses his chin for the left side. It's pretty amazing! He's also quite good. He can beat any friend at any game. He has also played his game boy using his left heel and right hand. He also uses it one hand...
by JaimeC
Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:08 pm
Topic: fever and pain
Replies: 16
Views: 5386

Re: fever and pain

<t>My 12 year old son has a left BPI. His arm always "shocks" him (as he describes it) when he has a fever. In fact, I came to realize years ago that when he told me his arm was shocking him that some sort of illness was coming on. I would take his temp, and sure enough, he had a fever starting. As ...
by JaimeC
Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 am
Topic: 8 month old not crawling
Replies: 14
Views: 2503

Re: 8 month old not crawling

<t>My son has a global injury. However, he started crawling around 8 1/2 months in an unusual fashion. He would fling his affected arm out by using his shoulder, then would place his hand down on the ground. It was frequently the back of his hand that he would crawl on. He looked like he was gallopi...
by JaimeC
Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:51 pm
Topic: Any kids ages 8-12 who recently had an MRI ?
Views: 1571

Re: Any kids ages 8-12 who recently had an MRI ?

<t>Hello Francine,<br/> My 11 year old just had one done 3 weeks ago. I'll have him write to Maia. <br/> He was also very nervous, and up to the actual time of doing it said that he wouldn't. I told him I'd stay with him and hold on to his foot and he did FINE. Better than I expected.<br/> One thing...
by JaimeC
Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:17 am
Topic: Pain in arm when ill
Replies: 11
Views: 1432

Re: Pain in arm when ill

<t>My son always gets what he calls "electric shocks" in his arm with a fever. As one person said above, it's a barometer, and often my first clue that he's coming down with something. He says it "shocks" him about once every minute or so, and he flinches with each one. He's 10 by the way. If I give...
by JaimeC
Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:03 am
Topic: "Static" in her arm
Views: 25029

Re:

Cara -
I've heard several times about fever's making these shocks worse. Who knows why, but it seems fairly common. In fact, when my son says his arm is shocking him, I take his temp. It's my warning sign. It's how I knew he was getting strep throat the night before we left on vacation!
by JaimeC
Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:16 pm
Topic: "Static" in her arm
Views: 25029

Re:

My son tells me his arm "shocks" him, almost always noticed when he has a fever.
by JaimeC
Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:15 pm
Topic: Girls (LOBPI) and Boys(ROBPI)
Replies: 48
Views: 6935

Re: Girls (LOBPI) and Boys(ROBPI)

Boy, age 10, LOBPI
by JaimeC
Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:28 am
Topic: Issues with my 8 year old BPI--advice plse
Replies: 5
Views: 1059

Re: Issues with my 8 year old BPI--advice plse

<t>Josh's mom, I have a 10 year old boy. My son doesn't have an IEP at all, however, the OT "keeps an eye" on him to address difficulties as needed. In your situation, I'd contact the music teacher directly, then contact the OT and tell her. Unless someone directly tells her your son is having diffi...
by JaimeC
Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:44 pm
Topic: Outreach Clinic/Kansas City area
Replies: 5
Views: 1564

Re: Outreach Clinic/Kansas City area

Camille- We'd definitely like it...!!
Tyler's mom