Search found 13 matches

by KPC's mom
Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:55 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Update on Kaiden
Replies: 0
Views: 1179

Update on Kaiden

Hi, I haven't been to this site in quite a while. I thought I'd post an update on my son. He has a left OBPI and does pretty well. He had ACR surgery with Dr. Kozin when he was 11 months old. Here's an updated video we just made today. There's also a video on there from when he was 3. I compared the...
by KPC's mom
Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:31 pm
Topic: Charities or Organizations that help with medical bills
Replies: 2
Views: 1100

Re: Charities or Organizations that help with medical bills

I wish I knew of one. We went to Shriners and didn't have any bill because they don't charge the patients for surgery. There's always bankruptcy to get rid of the bill. Or you could just stop making payments and eventually it would go to collections and get negotiated down to something reasonable if...
by KPC's mom
Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:43 am
Topic: Dr. Nath
Replies: 18
Views: 11370

Re: Dr. Nath

I'm sort of torn. We saw Nath last year to get a second opinion for my son. He was great with my son. He recommended that he needs the mod quad and triangle tilt surgeries. My son had his 1st surgery with Dr Kozin at Shriners, so we still follow up with him on a yearly basis. Kozin thinks my son is ...
by KPC's mom
Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:22 pm
Topic: Airfare assistance??
Replies: 2
Views: 1772

Re: Airfare assistance??

Hi, I was able to get assistance from Northwest kids care program a couple years ago. They gave us round trip tickets for my son & I to go for his surgery. The program will only pay for 1 trip, but it was a big help. Not sure if they still do this since they merged into Delta. See the link below...
by KPC's mom
Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:13 pm
Topic: Questions, questions, questions....
Replies: 4
Views: 2536

Re: Questions, questions, questions....

To Ifihad1wish, I think my son had surgery on that same day at Shriners. I know Dr Kozin did several ACR's that day. I'm also noticing the same thing with my son, Kaiden. He has good function, but doesn't use his arm as much and usually holds it bent. He can get his arm up over his head, but it's be...
by KPC's mom
Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:59 pm
Topic: Help with Airline Transportation
Replies: 1
Views: 840

Re: Help with Airline Transportation

Hi, I was able to get assistance from Northwest kids care program a couple years ago. They gave us round trip tickets for my son & I to go for his surgery. The program will only pay for 1 trip, but it was a big help. See the link below, it's from Dr. Nath's website for travel assistance. It give...
by KPC's mom
Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:17 pm
Topic: NEW BP CLINIC!
Replies: 3
Views: 1720

Re: NEW BP CLINIC!

It can't hurt to go for a visit. You can always keep following up with Mayo too if you don't like the new place. We have taken my son to see several different doctors.
Good luck to you.
by KPC's mom
Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 pm
Topic: Long Term PT/OT not covered by insurance
Replies: 7
Views: 2732

Re: Long Term PT/OT not covered by insurance

Does your state have a program that helps with costs? We live in Michigan and get Michgan special health care services. We have to pay in each year, based on our income. This year, it's $10/month. They help pay medical care if it's related to his arm. It pays the co-pay for his therapy & also pi...
by KPC's mom
Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:39 am
Topic: Video at 3 years old
Replies: 5
Views: 1894

Re: Video at 3 years old

Thanks jmar, yes my son loves the camera. The botox is to weaken the pec which is to tight. While it is weakened, they will do e-stim on his back muscles by his scapula to strength them to and help pull his shoulder back. Not sure what the muscle is called, it's right next to the scapula and is weak...
by KPC's mom
Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm
Topic: Video at 3 years old
Replies: 5
Views: 1894

Video at 3 years old

Hi, I haven't been on here in quite a while. I used to post under Kaiden'smom, but forgot the password and just re-registered. Here's a video of my son now at 3 years. We're about to do botox on his pecs & then e-stim on his back for 3 months in therapy. He's doing really great & has come so...