Search found 10 matches

by Football BPI Mom
Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:22 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: New injury wanting feedback
Replies: 11
Views: 5882

Re: New injury wanting feedback

Dr. Spinner did my sons surgery. His injury happened in a football game in November of 2010. The first visit to Mayo was February 2011 and the surgery was April 2011. He just went for a follow up visit. He started with limited hand movement but no movement at the elbow or shoulder. He now is able to...
by Football BPI Mom
Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:23 am
Topic: New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's
Replies: 10
Views: 4745

Re: IMPORTANT!!!! New Video and New Study needs Adult OBPI's

Can you remind me how long ago your surgery was?
by Football BPI Mom
Sun May 15, 2011 2:15 am
Topic: flag football tourney/TBPIawareness in Philly north'burbs
Replies: 3
Views: 2006

Re: flag football tourney/TBPIawareness in Philly north'burbs

I am with JJ, I would love to buy a t-shirt.
by Football BPI Mom
Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:14 am
Topic: Staying Positive
Replies: 28
Views: 5760

Re: Staying Positive

MadisonB The mom in me has to defend the football player a little since football players sometimes have poor adacemic reputations. My son attends an Ivy League school and is a double major. His GPA was the highest of the seniors on the team and he received recognition as a scholar-athlete. I don't t...
by Football BPI Mom
Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:27 am
Topic: Staying Positive
Replies: 28
Views: 5760

Re: Staying Positive

My son was injured in the last game of his football season and will not be able to join the Marines as planned this summer. He goes to Mayo on Feb. 22nd for an evaluation. Do you already have a Mayo appointment. If you do not, you really need to get the process started now. If you recover before the...
by Football BPI Mom
Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:18 am
Topic: Lifting arm on back only
Replies: 12
Views: 4111

Re: Lifting arm on back only

Can any of you tell me what you or your sons abilities were when you went for your assessment. I am trying to get a sense of my sons level of use compared to each of you at assessment time. I am trying to get a better idea of what determines who will need surgery and who has the chance of recovery w...
by Football BPI Mom
Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Lifting arm on back only

Humboldtmtnbkr-Thank you for input from a person with a great outcome. It gives me great comfort to hear from someone who has recovered without surgery. Jesse was at Beth Israel in Boston for 3 days after his injury. They did CT's and MRI's. Dr. Bae at Childrens was consulted and he told us that it ...
by Football BPI Mom
Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:07 am

Lifting arm on back only

My son has a brachial plexus injury from a football game on November 20, 2010. He has hand movement in any position. The only time that he can lift his arm from the elbow or shoulder is when he is laying on his back. Has anyone gone through a phase like this and then recovered with Rehab? He goes to...
by Football BPI Mom
Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:32 am
Topic: Mayo clinic
Replies: 17
Views: 6595

Re: Mayo clinic

My son goes to Mayo for evaluation Feb. 22nd. I am looking forward to reading about your visit.
by Football BPI Mom
Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:53 am
Topic: Clinical Trials for BPI
Replies: 7
Views: 3479

Re: Clinical Trials for BPI

Thank you for your Mayo link. We have sent medical records and are waiting to see if he will be accepted. Are you going to participate in this clinical trial?