flag football tourney/TBPIawareness in Philly north'burbs

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
bigGfan
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Dad of 19 yr. old son who avulsed c5678 from delivering a football hit in college spring practice 3/10...nerve transfer/graft surgery 4/10 to restore bicep and shoulder...more surgeries likely...

flag football tourney/TBPIawareness in Philly north'burbs

Post by bigGfan »

Hello everyone...It's been a year since my 19 yr. old son'sC5678 TBPI at spring football practice, and his little sister decided to show her love by starting a fund raising flag football tournament at their school.
"Throw a flag on TBPI" is the name of the event that will be held May 21 at Lansdale (Pa) Catholic HS. If you are in the area, please stop out to play or spectate. We will have food sales, raffles, tshirts; and medical personnel to answer questions/mingle. More info at http://throwaflag.info. God bless.
Humboldtmtnbkr
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Road cycling accident 8/31/08 stretched c5/c6. 2 1/2 years post accident now and I have regained all function and alot of strength back. I am a very lucky person.

Re: flag football tourney/TBPIawareness in Philly north'burbs

Post by Humboldtmtnbkr »

That is awesome! Are you selling Tshirts?

JJ
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

Awesome, MOM!!! That's the way to make Lemonade out of Lemons!! :D 8-)
Good Luck and have F-U-N!!!!
Carolyn J
LOBPI/72
Football BPI Mom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: My son had a football injury Nov. 20, 2010.

Post by Football BPI Mom »

I am with JJ, I would love to buy a t-shirt.