Search found 5 matches

by HeatherW
Wed May 28, 2014 11:48 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: wondering about adapted bikes
Replies: 9
Views: 8205

Re: wondering about adapted bikes

If you live in a large city, there's a good chance that the local bike shop has done this mod before on mountain and road bikes. I would think riding a mountain bike would be a little easier because of the form compared with a road bike in which you are putting more weight on the handle bars. Obviou...
by HeatherW
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:41 pm
Topic: Water Skiing last week!
Replies: 8
Views: 3974

Re: Water Skiing last week!

That is awesome. I remember when I was young and trying to get up on one ski. That was the hardest thing and that was with two skis. I've never seen someone get that much air on a slalom ski. Usually it's the wakeboarders who get that much air. That is quite impressive and awesome.
by HeatherW
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:32 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Volleyball help-BPI
Replies: 8
Views: 3079

Re: Volleyball help-BPI

I know the proper form of setting is with two hand together with palms facing up but can one set with one hand palm facing up? I can picture bumping with one hand and perhaps even tossing the ball up and serving with the same hand and arm but what about setting? Does anyone know the rules of volleyb...
by HeatherW
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:24 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: osteotomy
Replies: 3
Views: 1560

Re: osteotomy

What bone did they cut in her arm? Did they shorten it or lengthen it or did they just change the alignment of the bone or bones in her arm? Reading up on osteotomy kind of scare me but perhaps I should stop reading about it.
by HeatherW
Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:10 pm
Topic: Non Dominant Hand Writing Skills
Replies: 10
Views: 4645

Re: Non Dominant Hand Writing Skills

I think it helps that most things don't require one to write anymore but type. I used to type with both hands and it wasn't too difficult to learn to type with one hand although it was my non-dominant hand. When I do write, it's pretty bad but then it was pretty bad before I injured my dominant writ...