osteotomy

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
jasg

osteotomy

Post by jasg »

My 9 year old daughter was recommended for an osteotomy. I was wondering if anyone could share their experience. What was gained/lost from the surgery and what was the recovery like? I have searched through the posts and there does not seem to be much recent information. Thanks.
addiesmommy

Re: osteotomy

Post by addiesmommy »

my daughter is 3 weeks post op form her osteotomy. She's still in a splint so we're not sure of the results just yet. The angle of her elbow is much better. Her rotation looks good so far. We have a follow up with the surgeon tomorrow. I think we'll know more then..as far as range of motion.

The scar isn't to bad. About 4 inches down the front of her arm/shoulder.
jasg

Post by jasg »

How old is your daughter and where did you get the surgery done? Are you hoping to gain external rotation? What kind of a splint is it? Thanks for posting!
HeatherW
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: BPI of right arm in 2009

Post by HeatherW »

What bone did they cut in her arm? Did they shorten it or lengthen it or did they just change the alignment of the bone or bones in her arm? Reading up on osteotomy kind of scare me but perhaps I should stop reading about it.
Heather - Looking for options on wheelchair accessible vans.