Search found 809 matches

by lizzyb
Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:36 am
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: How do you do everything with just one hand?
Replies: 39
Views: 8997

Re: How do you do everything with just one hand?

<t>You can't do better than have a bit of Dycem matting nearby. <br/> <br/> It is great for many things..it's no-slip surface is great for resting paper on that you are trying to write on; holding a plate while you eat off a tray; stopping a slice of bread from slipping around a work surface while y...
by lizzyb
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:44 pm
Topic: EMS after surgery.
Replies: 19
Views: 2548

Re: EMS after surgery.

<t>You know you guys are really worrying me...you have these machines and you haven't been shown how or when to use them?? Have I got that right?? <br/> <br/> PLEASE check with your surgeons/physios etc that these stimulation machines are safe to use so soon after surgery. At the very least get some...
by lizzyb
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:33 pm
Topic: Looking for something positive
Replies: 12
Views: 1639

Re: Looking for something positive

<r>Doesn't anyone here ever try <U><s>[u]</s>not<e>[/u]</e></U> taking ANY painkillers at all? <br/> <br/> From my experience, I never felt better or more pain free than when I finally gave up the pk's after 7 years of taking them and getting no real relief. All I did get was a whole load of serious...
by lizzyb
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:21 pm
Topic: How do you do everything with just one hand?
Replies: 39
Views: 8997

Re: How do you do everything with just one hand?

<r>Hiya..yes I know well the sandwhich frustration! I just rip the thing to bits now and never mind if anyone sees me or thinks what a slob I am!! Anyway, I have to disagree a little bit with the person who said don't get frustrated...definitely DO get frustrated..it makes you think kind of sideways...
by lizzyb
Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:26 am
Topic: to have bp surgery or wait?
Replies: 11
Views: 2290

Re: to have bp surgery or wait?

<r>Shaun, Many of the best BPI surgeons here in the UK are plastic surgeons. (probably the same worldwide)It might seem strange that a surgeon well versed in 'plastics' should be doing this kind of reconstruction, but when you think about it, they are dealing with tiny nerves etc daily, particularly...
by lizzyb
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:15 pm

<t>ps I have a scar along my neck, which is a pretty common place for what they call exploratory surgery here in the UK. Various scars along my arm too from surgery, but these faded really quickly. <br/> <br/> Don't let the thought of scarring put you off..they really do fade with time, sometimes ve...
by lizzyb
Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:08 pm

<r>Hi Shaun, <br/> <br/> It sounds to me that your surgeons are well on to it mate...personally, if I was in your shoes I would have the surgery. So many of us have been left until it is too late to have any surgical repair done. <br/> <br/> MRI scans and nerve conduction tests <I><s>[i]</s>are<e>[/...
by lizzyb
Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:29 am
Topic: Who's going... camp?
Replies: 9
Views: 1768

Re: Who's going... camp?

Me...any other people with a TBPI?

come ON! :0) If I can make it all that way over the pond, you guys can travel too...lets all get together and swap horror stories!! ;0)

LizzyF
by lizzyb
Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:59 pm
Topic: camp
Replies: 4
Views: 740

Re: camp

Haven't registered yet (waaay too busy at the mo...!) but will be! I will be coming definitely, that is if the new rash of airport security/closures/cancellation blah blah blah doesn't prevent it! :0( here we go again...

Lizzyf
by lizzyb
Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:40 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Outreach
Replies: 59
Views: 6877

Re: Outreach

<t>Got mine a couple of weeks ago! Great issue as usual. Many thanks to those who work so hard to produce it.<br/> <br/> The only thing that was a bit of a concern was it was delivered unwrapped...very odd..no plastic covering or anything, just the magazine. <br/> <br/> I'm surprised that it got her...