Search found 37 matches

by JanAmes
Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:25 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Francine
Replies: 21
Views: 1503

Re: Francine

Thank you Francine! You have been a guiding light with all the information and support you have given to me through your website, this message board, and email. Bless you!
by JanAmes
Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:21 am
Topic: Introductions
Replies: 59
Views: 6129

Re: Introductions

<t>I'm Jan Ames, married to Brian, we live in Round Rock, near Austin, Texas. Brian works for Dell, I'm currently a "stay at home Mom". <br/> <br/> We have four children, (Brian's) Nathaniel age 15, (ours) Elizabeth age 7, Rachael age 5, Sarah age 16 mo ROBPI. <br/> <br/> Sarah has had no surgeries ...
by JanAmes
Thu Oct 23, 2003 11:49 pm
Topic: NonBPI Issue but Begging for Help!
Replies: 25
Views: 1351

Re: NonBPI Issue but Begging for Help!

<t>Pauline, "The One Minute Mother" is by Spencer Johnson -I was actually looking for "Who Moved My Cheese" when I found it in the public library. Never have gotten back to looking for the cheese book - lol! I have 3 ADHD books all only partially read - so much info to slog through - I end up scanni...
by JanAmes
Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:42 am
Topic: NonBPI Issue but Begging for Help!
Replies: 25
Views: 1351

Re: NonBPI Issue but Begging for Help!

<t>My 5 yr old DD is having the same problems. I reccommend a book titled "the one minute mother" - really short book, fast read, good ideas. The main one is to get on her level face-to-face, let her know how you feel (you can say "I'm really angry when you...") & what you expect of her ("I know...
by JanAmes
Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:38 am
Topic: OB
Replies: 10
Views: 1272

Re: OB

<t>Just wanted to add- we moved, I had a different OB for my first two children. If I could have figured out how to make it work would have gone back to that OB - the last month of the pregnancy I had a lot of misgivings, but didn't have any other good referrals & was not feeling well enough to ...
by JanAmes
Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:33 am
Topic: OB
Replies: 10
Views: 1272

Re: OB

<t>You are not abnormal, and if you feel he did his best during your delivery, trust your feelings. <br/> <br/> I had misgivings about my OB before the delivery because of her attitude, but I trusted her as a professional (big mistake). She even had the gall to insult my baby after the delivery by s...
by JanAmes
Sun Oct 12, 2003 4:41 am
Topic: TEXAS PROCLAMATION!!!!!
Replies: 9
Views: 724

Re: TEXAS PROCLAMATION!!!!!

Powertruck & Bugsntazz - I live in Round Rock, would like to get in touch with both of you, please email me. I have a daughter 16 months, ROBPI.
by JanAmes
Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:29 pm
Topic: nmes reimbursement from ins.
Replies: 1
Views: 343

Re: nmes reimbursement from ins.

I hear you - we had similar trouble. I don't agree with the "out-of-network" classification because the unit was not available "in-network" so it should have been waived, but I'm not up to that fight.
by JanAmes
Fri Sep 19, 2003 10:02 pm
Topic: School Update: They want her excluded from all recess!
Replies: 48
Views: 3019

Re: School Update: They want her excluded from all recess!

<t>sorry, knee-jerk reaction. I know my daughters have bonded with their classmates already, so it would be better to try to get through to the teacher. I have trouble understanding her reaction when she works with children everyday - kids don't do things that hurt. She needs to get her head out of ...
by JanAmes
Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:57 pm
Topic: tear injury to mother
Replies: 1
Views: 157

tear injury to mother

<t>ok ladies - most of us had very large babies that lead to shoulder dystocia resulting in BPI. What about the tear injuries to mother? I have an appointment next week to see a surgeon to see if anything can be done about rectal incontenience. I was told there was one strand of muscle tissue from t...