Introductions

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
cherie_hohertz

Introductions

Post by cherie_hohertz »

With all the new people on the board that I've seen lately, I thought it would be nice to take a second and reintroduce ourselves. There are a lot of new people that I see posting.

I'll start.

I'm Cherie, mom to Sarah, and wife to Jason. Sarah was born 10 months ago with a ROBPI. To date, we have not had any surgeries, although we are pretty sure they will recommend the mod-quad at our clinic appointment in December.

We live in Dallas. I am a librarian and Jason is a scenic artist.

Who's next?

Cherie
Allison

Re: Introductions

Post by Allison »

Hello, I'm Allison Steigerwalt from Allentown, Pa.

I have two children, Kalista 4 and Bradley 21 months ROBPI. My husband Brad is a helicopter mechanic who does alot of traveling. I'm just a lonely stay at home mom doing my best to raise my sweeties.
Bradley has had two surgeries so far, a primary nerve graft, and the mod-quad, both done at Texas Childrens Hosp. He is scheduled to have caps. and the acromoiplasty on Dec. 1st also at TCH.
m&mmom

Post by m&mmom »

I'm Cindy, mom to Melanie (4) and Matthew (2.5) both robpi, and wife to Jeremy. Melanie recovered at 9 weeks and Matthew is currently recovering from surgery. He had a total plexus injury. Matthew had two surgeries at TCH and this last one was at Shriner's Phila. Matthew's treatments consist of pt/ot and a variety of alternatives like acupuncutre/chiropractic/myo-fascial release/reiki energy/reflexology/tes/kinesio taping.

We live in New Ringgold, PA. I am the Purchasing Director for Monroe County and Jeremy is a State Trooper.

Cindy
Tessie258

Post by Tessie258 »

Hello,
I'm Teresa (Tessie) From Tucson.
I have 7 kids(his,mine and ours)...Yipes....My 3rd born son is Jameson age 14. He has a robpi. Surgeries he has had are:

Age 5- radial head reduction
age 10- modquad
age 13- Radial head reduction again

He is not doing formal therapy now and we homeschool.
My husband, Oakley, owns a welding business and I'm a stay at home mom who does volunteer interpreting(American Sign Language)in my spare time...hahahaha.....Usually only on Sundays for church now...I'm just too busy.
T.
Francine_Litz

Post by Francine_Litz »

Hi - Francine here...
and everything you would ever want to know about us is here: http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/homepage.html

hahaha :)
JessicasMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 10 year old Jessica born on 9/6/03 with a LOBPI.
Mostly recovered, no surgery, still has remaining functional deficits
including no active external rotation.

Post by JessicasMom »

I'm Michelle, I'm pretty new to this board and BPI. I'm mom to Jessica (6 week old) with a LOBPI and Kevin (4 years old).

My husband, Alex, is a surgical sales rep. for spine and neurosurgeons in NYC. For the last 12 years, I have been the production manager for a company that produces short shows for PBS, corporate DVDs and internet video. I've been working part-time for the past 2 years and I was planning to continue working part-time (I'm currently on maternity leave), but I may not go back to work -- depending on the outcome of my daughter's injury. We bought a house a year ago in Hillsborough, NJ.

Michelle
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, I am Krista and hubby is Jeff. We live in Connecticut. We have two daughters, Hannah who is 4 and Mariella (LOBPI) who just turned 2 in September. Ella has been surgery free, but will be having her first surgery in Boston by Dr Waters at Children's Hospital Boston in January.
My husband and I both work for the family business that was established in 1918. It's a lot of work for him, but I have been a stay at home mom for the past 4 years and do my work at different "free" times of the day and night. There is nothing I love more than being at home with my little girls! I wish these days can last forever! =) They are growing up WAY TOO FAST!
~Krista~
Kathleen M

Post by Kathleen M »

Hi most call me Kath so many Kathleen's and Kathy's on the board Kath was my last name change... LOL...

I am 63 and right OBPI. I found the board 4 years ago and until that time I thought I was the only one with this "rare" birth injury. I never had surgery but did have a life time of home PT and the last 4 years of formal PT to maintain and regain the range of motion I lost over the years... I am back to what was MY range of motion. I am not left handed nor right handed I was given assigned tasks for each hand and in fact write with obpi hand.
I live in Pearl River, New York. I am on the Board of Directors of UBPN. I have three grown children Suzanne,Diane,Ralph jr. two are married and I have four grandchildren Jessica 9, Michael 5, Megan & Katie both 2...
Kath
tcon

Post by tcon »

I am Terri, mother of Kearney (12.5 months LOBPI) and soon to be mother of baby girl McK, who we will meet in 8 weeks- scheduled c-section. I am married to Chris and we live in CT. Kearney has been surgery free so far. Great recovery, most people cant tell which arm is injured but we're still waiting on the external rotators to come in. We will give them the next year to come in and if not she will have surgery with Dr. Waters.

Thank you everyone, I have learned so much from reading your posts.
claudia

Post by claudia »

Hi, I am Claudia.
I am mom to 4 kids: Nic who is 10, Isabel and Andrew who are 8 and Juliana (lobpi) 4.

Juliana has had 3 surgeries, all at tch. Primary, modquad and biceps lengthening. We are considering a 4th.

I am also the Support Group help for ubpn.

I was a pastry chef in my former life, now I stay home(well...not after 3--carpool, carpool, carpool) and take care of the kiddies.

Welcome to the newcomers.