Search found 39 matches

by Miah's Mom
Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:56 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Pregnant and SCARED
Replies: 11
Views: 1991

Re: Pregnant and SCARED

<t>First, CONGRATS!<br/> There is alot of great advice here. I have two daughters, a 4 yr old and a 3yr old. Our 3yr old has a BPI. and has undergone now 3 successful surgeries. I am now 7 1/2 mths preg. I am remarried so this preg. is a little different to start with but, we had a lot of questions ...
by Miah's Mom
Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:15 pm
Topic: This Nice Machine? Please help
Replies: 1
Views: 509

Re: This Nice Machine? Please help

<t>I don't know which one you may be refering to, but our O.T. used one of "the newer" ones from Empi after our daughter resumed her e-stem treatments because she could'nt tolerate the older one we have. The parameters can be set a lot lower than the old ones. I'll ask her which one it was and get b...
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:35 pm
Topic: Any Twirlers with BPI?
Replies: 7
Views: 537

Re: Any Twirlers with BPI?

<t>I was in "guard" in school, both winter & marching. I get the bug every once in awhile and get out my flags & such. Both of my daughters love "playing & Twirling" the flags. They being 3 & 4 of course would. I have been curious about how my youngest daughter should she want to pur...
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:22 pm
Topic: New Roll Call
Replies: 208
Views: 21957

Re: New Roll Call

Howdy! My husband & I are new to this site. I'm Miah's mom. She is 3 and has had 2 successful surgeries, and 1 scheduled for Dec. She also has an older sister who is 4, and a new brother or sister due in Feb. We live in the Hamilton area.
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:50 pm
Topic: Surgeries
Replies: 21
Views: 2623

Re: Surgeries

<t>I think we all hope that "this one will be the last". I'm thinking that right now. Our daughter having had 2 surgeries already, and scheduled for her 3rd this Dec. They have all been "successful" for us so far. With each child being different on top of every injury being so different your questio...
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:44 am
Topic: Supination
Replies: 9
Views: 890

Re: Supination

<t>Our daughter had both the Tendon release & Tendon transfer surgeries done @ 2yrs. She is now 3. She has improved dramatically. I don't consider her to have "lost" supination. When she came out of her cast & splint supination was so extreme for being in that position for so long. Now she c...
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:03 am
Topic: Anyone trying chiropractic treaments?
Replies: 3
Views: 420

Anyone trying chiropractic treaments?

<t>My daughter who is Three now has had Two successful surgeries, and another scheduled for Dec. We have been seeing a Chiropractor for a couple of mths now and have seen big improvements with range of motion within the joints. Anyone else trying this? What have been your results?<br/> <br/> Thanks....
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:58 am
Topic: massage???
Replies: 4
Views: 349

Re: massage???

<t>We don't currently see an infant/child massage therepist. We do however take our daughter who is 3yrs. to a chiropractor who specializes in " whole family care". She showed us areas to massage, but no actual "techniqes". We, along w/ our O.T. have noticed a big improvement in range of motion with...
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:05 am
Topic: staying positive
Replies: 6
Views: 1413

Re: staying positive

<t>Karen, all is very good advice. I hope things are going well for you. My daghter had a severe injury. she has been through 2 surgries. 1st was at 3mths 2nd at 2yrs and is planning to have her 3rd in Dec. She is now 3. The hardest part for me was the "starting over" she would get the putting on th...
by Miah's Mom
Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:47 am
Topic: choosing best doctor for surgery
Replies: 12
Views: 1735

Re: choosing best doctor for surgery

<t>Just wanted to say that keep in mind that each and every injury is different. That with or without surgery nothing is guaranteed, no matter how "experienced" the Dr. or hospital. And no matter what, you have to decide what is the best decision for not only your daughter, but for you and your fami...