massage???

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

massage???

Post by admin »

I was just reading posts and realized that some people are doing massage on their infants. Christina is 11 weeks old and I was never taught how to do massage. Please let me know how to do this. Thanks
Jane
admin
Site Admin

Re: massage???

Post by admin »

Jane, if you call a birthing center or midwifery center in your area, they should be able to tell you who does infant massage in the area. It's wonderful. Enjoy your sweet baby.
Mandie

Post by Mandie »

We enrolled in an infant massage class when Sarah was an infant and we both loved it. Check with a spa or something, they should know about it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My Daughter is 9 with a robpi and she gets a massage once a week. It really loosens up her right side of her body. It was suggested by her pt. She has learned to relax and enjoy it.
Miah's Mom

Post by Miah's Mom »

We don't currently see an infant/child massage therepist. We do however take our daughter who is 3yrs. to a chiropractor who specializes in " whole family care". She showed us areas to massage, but no actual "techniqes". We, along w/ our O.T. have noticed a big improvement in range of motion within the joints. I'm new to this site so I don't know if anyone else is benifiting from this kind of treatment. Hope this helps.

Miah's mom