Search found 18 matches

by kim lane
Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:15 pm
Forum: Community Meet-ups and Events
Topic: British Columbia Families? Get together?
Replies: 0
Views: 5240

British Columbia Families? Get together?

Hi all! It's been a long time for me to be on the boards. Once upon a time, when Dani was a baby, there was no support to be found in Western Canada. I organized a support group, and was actively doing outreach work when requested to help new familes. (West Coast Erb's Palsy Support Group). After so...
by kim lane
Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:59 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Tendonitis in non BPI arm
Replies: 6
Views: 2740

Re: Tendonitis in non BPI arm

Our long time physiotherapist just gave me a referral to a hand therapist for next week. Hopefully he can advise us on what the long term plan for Dani's nonBPI arm will be. It has affected her ability to write, tack her horse, do household things, do her hair (she can't do many of those things with...
by kim lane
Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:27 pm
Topic: Gwen, are you still here?
Replies: 0
Views: 1029

Gwen, are you still here?

I am looking for a fellow mom / friend that I was in regular contact with once upon a time. She lived in PG in British Columbia. I am not wanting to disclose her last name or the name of the city where she lives other than the letters PG, due to legal concerns potentially. Trevor and my Dani are muc...
by kim lane
Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:12 pm
Topic: Tendonitis in non BPI arm
Replies: 6
Views: 2740

Tendonitis in non BPI arm

Wow, it's been a long time since I was on the UBPN boards. I am so happy to see some familiar names/faces, and sad to see how much need there is still for it. That aside, what an amazing place this is for people, and I know it was once a lifeline for me, when Dani was a baby especially. Recently, du...
by kim lane
Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:07 pm
Topic: 14 & 5'8" - where did the time fly ??
Replies: 3
Views: 2208

Re: 14 & 5'8" - where did the time fly ??

I hear you Francine!

Dani is 15 yrs old now, and also 5 foot 8!

I decided to come back to the boards after a self imposed time out from it.

It is great to see you are still here, a familiar face. ;)

Cheers!

Kim Lane
by kim lane
Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: Tendonitis in un-BPI arm, long term reality?
Replies: 5
Views: 4314

Tendonitis in un-BPI arm, long term reality?

Wow, it's been a long time since I was on the UBPN boards. I am so happy to see some familiar names/faces, and sad to see how much need there is still for it. That aside, what an amazing place this is for people, and I know it was once a lifeline for me, when Dani was a baby especially. Recently, du...
by kim lane
Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:59 pm
Topic: hi everyone!!!!!
Replies: 2
Views: 1109

Re: hi everyone!!!!!

Greetings Kim and Dani, nice to see you around. We are glad to hear Dani is doing well, congrats! Dr. Reily decided not to do the muscle transfer for Ashley after all because the muscle needing to be transfered was too weak! We are in the process of taping a video for TCH, and are mailing it soon! ...
by kim lane
Thu Sep 05, 2002 5:06 pm
Topic: hi everyone!!!!!
Replies: 2
Views: 1109

hi everyone!!!!!

<t>i know it's been FOREVER since i posted...danni and i are doing pretty well. the last year and a half have seen MAJOR changes in mine and her lives.she had her 2nd surgery last june..and it has made her arm function at least 80% better.still, when she's tired..it gets tucked up close to her body....