Search found 346 matches

by Mica
Thu May 13, 2010 11:10 am
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: Surgery for Amaya
Replies: 2
Views: 1053

Re: Surgery for Amaya

Do you know if Dr. Kozin is recommending upper trap transfer (possibly with levator scap), mid or lower trap transfer? I'm assuming since you'll be addressing ER, he is recommending lower trap?
by Mica
Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 am
Topic: Page with play therapy ideas?
Views: 1005

Re: Page with play therapy ideas?

That's the one!!! Thank you! You rock, Rich! :D
by Mica
Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:56 pm
Topic: Page with play therapy ideas?
Views: 1005

Page with play therapy ideas?

Does anyone know how to navigate to the page with play therapy ideas? There was a fantastic list on the old site, but I can't seem to find it on this new one... Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?
by Mica
Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:20 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: 9 Months post op - getting excited
Replies: 9
Views: 2724

Re: 9 Months post op - getting excited

Congratulations! It's so wonderful to read posts like yours! I agree - after 17 months of no muscle activity, flicker contraction is certainly something to celebrate! We are all so happy for you! :) Please keep us updated as your recovery progresses.
by Mica
Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 am
Topic: what to say when people are insensitive...
Replies: 19
Views: 5054

Re: what to say when people are insensitive...

Go for it! But really - you might want to practice it in front of the mirror. I even practiced it in front of my husband!!! When someone says something that hurts my child, this horrible monster comes out and I become the scariest person in the world! Practicing it gave me more control.
by Mica
Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Marieke,

I came up with that - and practiced it in front of a mirror so it would actually come out of my mouth under pressure - after skinning a few people alive for being insensitive. I'll bet there are a few in our town who hide when they see me!
by Mica
Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:47 pm

I've come up with a practiced response when people ask like that. I say: "Children are no less deserving of respect than adults. I'm sure your intent was not to be cruel. Would you like to rephrase your question?" I figure this will let them know that it isn't the asking itself that is wro...
by Mica
Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 pm
Topic: Must WATCH!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 1105

Re: Must WATCH!!!

That has to be one of the most remarkable things I have ever watched. To any parent of a child with a BPI - please at least watch the last 5 minutes. My goodness - how incredibly important and inspiring that message is!

Christopher - thank you so much for sharing this!
by Mica
Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:58 pm
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: breastfeeding help!
Replies: 6
Views: 2840

Re: breastfeeding help!

Hey Court! The pillows are a great suggestion! I also wonder if you could use a sling carrier (would work while seated or standing). I found it very easy to nurse Aria in an Ergo baby carrier, and would sometimes use it while seated. Good luck finding a comfortable solution - and congratulations on ...
by Mica
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:47 am
Topic: C-section on Tuesday
Views: 4037

Re: C-section on Tuesday

Emily,

Woo Hoo! :D So cute that your daughter feeds her baby doll while you feed the baby!