Search found 87 matches

by bfaithda
Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:10 pm
Forum: Parents of OBPI Children
Topic: My son had surgery last week
Replies: 11
Views: 908

My son had surgery last week

<t>My son Brayden had his BP surgery last Thursday. He is 3 months old. We went to St. Louis where Dr. Parks did his surgery. He had 4 nerves that were severely injured. nerves were pulled completely from the spine and he could not fix, the other 2 nerves he used some kind of synthetic material. He ...
by bfaithda
Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:34 am
Topic: St. Louis Brachial Plexus Center
Replies: 5
Views: 1131

Re: St. Louis Brachial Plexus Center

<t>That makes me feel a little better knowing people have had good experiences with Dr. Parks and staff. I am still bothered by the thought that my son has to have this surgery and at such a young age. He will be 3 months old two days before surgery. He has surgery on August 16th, and although he ha...
by bfaithda
Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:08 pm
Topic: St. Louis Brachial Plexus Center
Views: 1131

St. Louis Brachial Plexus Center

<t>I was wondering if anyone here has dealt with the BPI center in St.Louis at the children's hospital. My son is having a MRI and surgery there next month and I would like to here from anyone that has been there. The droctor we are seeing is Dr. Parks. <br/> <br/> Bridget Brayden's Mom (LOBPI)<br/>...
by bfaithda
Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:03 am
Topic: New BPI Mom in WI
Replies: 11
Views: 1944

Re: New BPI Mom in WI

<r>Hello!! I too am new to this site. My son Brayden is 10 weeks old and was born with total BPI. Brayden is my first child, but my husband has 3 older boys 14,13,and 11, that also live with us. We are having to go to St. Louis to have surgery next month. It has been an over welming experince for me...
by bfaithda
Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:20 am
Forum: Adult and Young Adult OBPI
Topic: My son has BPP
Views: 903

Re: My son has BPP

<t>Thank you for your support.<br/> My son is 10 weeks old. He will just turn 3 months when he has his surgery in August. <br/> How serious is Joseph's injury? My son,Brayden,has no movement at all in his left arm. He aslo is believed to have the Horners Syndrome his left eye is droopy and has been ...
by bfaithda
Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:07 am

Re: My son has BPP

I live in Owensboro about 2 hours to the west of Louisville. Did you daughter have to have surgery? How long did it take for her to move her arm, and how much use does she have with it?
by bfaithda
Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:01 pm

My son has BPP

<t>Hello I am new to this board. My son was born May 14, 2007. He weighted 11lbs. 3oz. I had a very rough delivery, needless to say,due to the rough delivery my son can not move his left arm. He has a total Brachial Plexus injury. I had no clue what this was until now. After looking it up on the int...