Search found 109 matches

by jacko
Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:12 pm
Forum: Newly Injured TBPI
Topic: NEW INJURY AND SCARED
Replies: 46
Views: 6181

Re: NEW INJURY AND SCARED

<r>Hello Karen. I know exactly what you mean when you use the word 'scared'. I'm 6 years down the line & still remember that feeling as if it was yesterday. (in fact, I wish I could remember other useful stuff that well).<br/> <br/> I'm really pleased that you've found us. Being able to talk is ...
by jacko
Sat Sep 20, 2003 11:50 am
Topic: fire
Replies: 15
Views: 1495

Re: fire

One other thing to think about....

If horses could use message boards, we wouldn't have to shoot them.
by jacko
Tue Sep 09, 2003 3:33 pm
Topic: MOTORCYCLES
Replies: 10
Views: 1317

Re: MOTORCYCLES

<t>I don't have any problems at all flicking a trike about one-handed. OK it's difficult to turn the 'bars when it's standing still, but then so is a car. Once you get moving, even really slowly, you don't notice the weight.<br/> <br/> I ride in the UK, which is about the size of the average back ya...
by jacko
Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:20 am
Topic: Denial? Or a full recovery?
Replies: 26
Views: 2824

Re: Denial? Or a full recovery?

<t>I chose to go the Amp route in June 2002.<br/> I knew that it was a personal choice, and I just didn't enter into a discussion about it with anyone apart from two people: my surgeon and my wife.<br/> <br/> I can say without any shadow of a doubt that for me it wasthe RIGHT THING to do. I don't ca...
by jacko
Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:37 am
Topic: speech & communication
Replies: 14
Views: 2587

Re: speech & communication

<t>This is a really interesting thread. I often stumble over words now, and my wife thinks I'm drunk after only a couple of beers. It never occurred to me that it could be even remotely connected with a BPI... I thought it was just because I was getting older, and soon enough I'd be repeating myself...
by jacko
Sun Sep 07, 2003 8:28 am
Topic: MOTORCYCLES
Replies: 10
Views: 1317

Re: MOTORCYCLES

<t>John, why not use a Harley trike. It's a whole different riding experience, and a lot better than a car. You don't get to lean a trike into bends etc., but it's still great fun. I've been riding a trike for 5 years now, and while I would love to take a two-wheeler around some nice twisty roads, I...
by jacko
Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:40 am
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 53
Views: 6199

Re: Amputation

Is it just me, or is page 4 not coming up ?
by jacko
Thu Aug 28, 2003 8:37 am
Topic: my girlfriend
Replies: 2
Views: 491

Re: my girlfriend

Nice one Ronin. Just don't forget to tell HER !
by jacko
Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:07 am
Topic: Amputation
Replies: 53
Views: 6199

Re: Amputation

<t>If its not too late for a bit of advice from one who's been there...<br/> <br/> Don't have your arm off at the shoulder - leave some of the upper arm in the form of a stump. It won't look too pretty, but there are 3 reasons why I'd advise this:<br/> <br/> (1) you'll be able to wear your shirts an...
by jacko
Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:20 am
Topic: Amputation as an option
Replies: 12
Views: 2243

Re: Amputation as an option

<t>I think in many ways, apart from the emotional thing, you have to weigh up whether a flail arm is causing other problems not immediately connected with pain, etc.<br/> <br/> I'd recently taken up welding, and I did not want my flail arm getting in the way when I'm dealing with very high electrica...