my girlfriend

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
ronin

my girlfriend

Post by ronin »

Hey brothers & sisters-I want to talk about my girlfriend Beth- about how much bullsh*t she has to put up with on an almost daily basis. The pain, the depression, watching me lose 15lbs during a particularly bad week-listening to me crying and moaning in my sleep when I'm having the really weird dreams about the evil lil creatures taking bites outta my stump. The constant striving for the energy to start thinking about feeling good enough to try to look for a job I can not only do, but also manage to keep.My obsession with motorcycles. The $$$ spent on Drs appointments and medicines that could be used to get ahead on the phone bill or electric. The two week "dry spells" when I'm just too sore and sick for any physical intimacy. She's either an insane masochist or she must really really love me. Either way I really really love her, and I wonder where I would be with out her. I love you Beth. Thank you for being with me and being there for me.---Ronin
jacko

Re: my girlfriend

Post by jacko »

Nice one Ronin. Just don't forget to tell HER !
admin
Site Admin

Re: my girlfriend

Post by admin »

Ronin,
How long ago was your injury ? What you describe is what I felt about 6 months post injury. Instead of motorcycles, I dreamed of surfboards and waves. I had the nightmares and episodes of insomnia. The pain where I would curse outloud at the top of my lungs. You gotta hang in there. Things will get better. However, you have to show the strength not just to endure the pain but also to take the steps to move forward. You will find the energy to get a job. That in itself will bring you some inner peace. As far as your girlfriend, she sounds like a real special person. My advice is don't simply love her back but show her the man that you are - Get back out there and start pursuing those dreams that you had before your injury. --Rich