Going for surgery

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
kimhue

Going for surgery

Post by kimhue »

Well we will be heading to Texas Nov.22 and surgery on the 23rd.
This will be my daughters first surgery at age 12.
Can anyone please help me with some info about who do I contact about the help with traveling there and back.
I didn`t think that I would get in so quick. I called this morning to ask questions and the next thing I know we are talking about dates and times and when we will be back home. So if anyone can help be do. Thanks Kim and DeeDee
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Re: Going for surgery

Post by tylergsmom »

UPBN Wings Program can maybe help you out---they helped us out! You need to contact Julia at j.aten@wavecable.com. I know she has another email address,but I don't know what it is. Maybe someone else will have the info.

Good Luck!
Laura
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
dmom

Post by dmom »

Kim,

Francine Litz has tons of helpful hints about traveling to TCH on her website's travel page. Here is the link:

http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia/travel.html

Janet
Kimberlee

Post by Kimberlee »

I read your post about going to TCH, I just came back from there 4 weeks ago. My son is one and had Mod Quad surgery with Dr. Nath. I have a lot of information that can help you with free travel and medical hotel rates. Please contact me at anytime. kimberlee_3333@yahoo.com.
I would love to help!!