Leaving for TX

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
admin
Site Admin

Leaving for TX

Post by admin »

Hi. I just wanted to say we are leaving for TX early tomorrow for the mod quad on Wednesday. Jack is almost 19 months and this will be his first surgery. Any luck, prayers, thoughts, etc., would be appreciated. Thank you. Andrea.
m&mmom

Re: Leaving for TX

Post by m&mmom »

Andrea,
Best wishes and prayers for a safe trip and a great recovery.

Cindy
JessicasMom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 10 year old Jessica born on 9/6/03 with a LOBPI.
Mostly recovered, no surgery, still has remaining functional deficits
including no active external rotation.

Post by JessicasMom »

Andrea,

Best of luck and succes with this surgery. Please update us when you get back.

Michelle
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Andres
I will keep your family in my prayers.

Please keep us posted.
Kath
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

All the best to Jack!

Please let us know how it went.

Peggy
tylergsmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Hi! I am Laura, the mom of Tyler, who has a ROBPI. I've been a member of this site since 1998 and owe a great deal to the wonderful people in the UBPN community who have helped us along the way get what we needed to get done for Tyler. Tyler is now 14 years old and in the 9th grade. He's a super bright kid and loves his video games. Tyler had the mod quad surgery with Dr. Shenaq shortly before he passed. That was his first and only surgery. Now that he is older he is requesting additional surgery. He'd like to be able to supinate. Our goal is for Summer 2013.

Post by tylergsmom »

Good Luck!! I'm sure everything will go just fine. Let us know how it goes!

Laura
Laura LeNoir, Mom of Tyler, Age 14, ROBPI
Kimberlee

Post by Kimberlee »

I wish the best for you and your family. I know this time is very stressful, my son just turned one and we were on a plane 2 days later for his Mod Quad surgery. I just took him out of his splint a week ago. It was the best thing we ever did. He is now able to bring his arm completely over his head and crawl around. Best of luck, we are here for you...
Kimberlee
They have a library on the top floor where you can go on the internet for free and keep us posted on how he is doing. There are plenty of toys and videos for him to watch. You can even use one of their wagons and take him around to see things for the kids. It's really nice there....
Tanya in NY
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am Mom to Amber, injured at birth. I serve on the Board of Directors for UBPN, and am a labor/delivery nurse, too.

Post by Tanya in NY »

Best wishes for a successful and easy surgery!

Tanya in NY
Tanya in NY
Amber's Mom, ROBPI, 13 years old
dmom

Post by dmom »

Andrea!

I am so sorry I didn't catch you before you left. Jack is in our prayers! I just know everything will go really well, and please drop me a line when you get back. He is in THE BEST hands!

Take care,
Janet