voice recognition software

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
RottieJan

voice recognition software

Post by RottieJan »

hello everyone,

Believe it or not, I am dictating this using a new software I found on the Internet. or maybe, it's just new to me!

I have included the link below and hope it is of help to others.

It is taking some getting used to but like everything else is just a matter of practice.

This thing I like best about this program so far is the fact that you get to try it for free for thirty days and then you must register it. however, the cost to registeris fairly inexpensive compared to similar programs. according to their website, it is only fifty dollars U.S.to register!

So far, I'd recommend this program. I will keep everyone up to date as time goes on and I've become more proficient with it.

Here is the link for this application, the one I downloaded is IVOS:

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Sear ... ition.html

Regards,
Jan
EllenB

Re: voice recognition software

Post by EllenB »

You Go Girl! GREAT idea!

Ellen
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

it's actually fun - ok, and a bit frustrating lol - learning this. i bet john would have it figured out in no time! young people today are so quick with these things!

hugs,

jan
lizzyb

Post by lizzyb »

Voice activated software is a terrific idea for people who are 'upper limb challenged' ;0) like us. One of our group members had training in using it at one of our BPI treatment centres and got on very well with it although I do believe she thought it was quite hard at first to get to grips with.

I've never tried it myself, but now since I am beginning to get some really bad RSI probs in my good arm from all the typing I do on the 'puter, I am thinking about having a go with it.

Thanks for the link..I'll go and check it out!

Lizzyb
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

hey lizzie!

just remember, you have to be patient with it, as it learns your voice. *grin*

you may also have to download a "speech program" from microsoft, but it will give you a link.

the more i use it, the more i'm liking it. i have to do a lot of reports for my volunteer work, and this makes it soooo much easier.

of course, typing of any kind is easier when the bluddy cat isn't crawling all over your lap! =o)
let me know what you think.

hugs,

jan
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

bumping up for kim vtech

*hugs*

jan
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hey, I know what... Let's talk about FOOD!!!

Burp,

Ellen
Ginne

Post by Ginne »

I don't know if it is the same program, however there is one on the market called "Dragon Naturally Speaking". I know in Canada we can buy it at Staples or Future shop (Best Buy in the USA???). I do not have BPI but tried this program out just because......

Ginne
RottieJan

Post by RottieJan »

bump!
jacko

Post by jacko »

Quick question... can you change the spelling on the software? I still prefer to use correct Queen's English, like wot i woz tort at skool.