Memorial Hermann Hospital

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
andy3468

Memorial Hermann Hospital

Post by andy3468 »

Our daughter just got back from surgery with Dr. Nath at Memorial Hermann Hospital, and just for anybody wondering or nervous it has Texas Childrens Hospital beat hands down. Better accomodations, better service, and all around better care. Up to now I thought TCH was the best, but step aside there's a new king in town. Great move Dr. Nath!
CW1992

Re: Memorial Hermann Hospital

Post by CW1992 »

Well I live here in TX - I think it surely depends on the doctor. I'm glad for those that have good experiences but I do think that there are so many great doctors out there everywhere - just find the ones that you feel safe with. TCH is an awesome hospital - but there are also so many other great ones. Some people aren't so convinced by Dr N - and then some think he is the greatest - I did not - will not have my child see him again - we all have our preferences for our kids. Good luck to all to find the ones that you can feel confortable with. I hope that I do not come across wrong here - just feel that there are so many very great doctors out there. Please do not feel that one doctor is the greatest - I very much disagree!
Christy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think we're all lucky that we have a choice of great doctors and courses of treatment for this injury. I'm sure just a few years ago there were very few options. It's great to add Hermann to the list of great hostpitals that cater so well to kids and families.
CW1992

Post by CW1992 »

guest - I agree! I think that there are many very good ones - just have to find the one you want to work with! There really wasn't a whole lot of help 13 years ago when my daughter was born - and the years before that - it is nice to have choices!
Christy
dmom

Post by dmom »

Guys ... please. For once, just once, could we please let a nice comment about Dr. Nath or anything related to him stand on its own, without argument? The poster likes Hermann better than TCH. Great! That's fine. Why does this bother anyone?

Just because someone says something nice about Dr. Nath or the hospital he operates at doesn't mean that person is putting down anyone else's choice.

The defensiveness is just getting old.

Janet
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

dmom, Are you serious about your post? Why do patients of Doctor Nath feel like they have to stand up for him. No body was putting Nath down. No body was putting any doctor down. I personally am sick and tired of every one on this site who sticks up for Nath when there is no argument to do so. I am sick of every one who feels like he needs you to stick up your guns and pull out your swords. We all know he is a good doctor. We all know there are other doctors just as good as him in the world. Why dont you let it be "for just once?" Nath doesnt need a cult. He needs people to understand that he is not the only BPI god out there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My daughter is not a patient of Dr Nath nor anyone at TCH, but I read the post and just wanted to add something that I think is important here.
If you are a patient of Dr Nath then of course you will go to the new facility. BUT if you are a patient of another doctor at TCH it doesn't matter that Hermann hospital is better. It all depends on the doctor. Afterall, you didn't pick Hermann Hospital for the hospital right? You picked it for Dr Nath. Personally, I go for the doctor, not what the hospital has to offer. Just my opinion and I think people need to realize this.
~Krista~
Matt's Dad

Post by Matt's Dad »

I think the point was missed.
All that Andy was doing was sharing their experience at Hermann's to pass info along for those who may have to go there. That's it. For people who have to go there, it is good to have a first-hand account.

It wasn't a recommendation for a doctor nor were they asking whether you once saw Dr. Nath or not and if you still choose to see him.
dmom

Post by dmom »

Well said.