Dr Pape workshop in July

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
tcon

Dr Pape workshop in July

Post by tcon »

Is anyone on this board attending? we are and I am excited about it. Not sure what to expect. I really am interested in the biomechanics of this injury and re-teaching the brian how to use the arm.
Terri (mom of Kearney LOBPI, almost 3)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Dr Pape workshop in July

Post by admin »

I will be there with my two sons Richard 14 and Nick 8 both ROBPI -(Richard's injury was much more severe-Nick seems virtually recovered but I think there maybe some shoulder weakness as his shoulders are sitting not quite right- so I am going to see what Dr.Pape thinks about his shoulders if we can help him get better lined up and strengthened) My daughter 12 will also tag along with us. I'm looking forward to meeting the other families and learning more - as I always do when we go Toronto to work with Dr.Pape
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

UBPN has provided an EVENTS Message board for these types of announcements. It really does help to use it because it will keep posts such as this at the top and people will not miss it nor have to "bump it up"

thanks
Kath
UBPN Board Member
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
KDs Daddy

Post by KDs Daddy »

Kath I am sorry but I think its good that she post this here I for one dont look anywhere but here and obpi so the message board does me no good. Although st.louis is too far from toronto I still enjoy knowing what is going on.

On another topic the resource doctors and info needs to be updated as well. I looked there for info and half the websites or articles dont exist anymore or are from 2000. Can we do something about that issue?
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

KD's Dad
We are in the process of updating this website. The Resource Directory is updated when the physicians send us their responses to our questionnaires. We try to stay on top of this but information is dependent on when we receive notification from the doctors.

If someone’s physician has moved etc. please notify me Kath@ubpn.org and we will send them a new questionnaires to fill out.

As for the EVENTS Board... we recently created it because these posts get lost in among all the support posts. We created the EVENTS board so that those looking for EVENTS only have to go to that message board. The board was created to prevent the same question being posted several times and moving support topics to the bottom of the page. Since Events are few and far between the information required to attend are always at the top of the page on the events board.

Thanks
Kathleen M
UBPN
Secretary
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

The medical resource directory is updated regularly. Once a year, we send out emails or letters to every doctor in the directory inviting them to update their information. The date of 2000 copyright does not mean that the information is from 2000, that is the date in which we first published this directory and that is what it refers to. That copyright notice is at the bottom of each page.

I suppose we should look into changing this 'footer' if it gives the impression that things have not been changed since 2000!

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
Stacy

Post by Stacy »

We are also attending Dr. Pape's summer intensive in Toronto. Natalie is 7 years old--ROBPI. Right now it looks like it will just be Natalie & I making the trip from New Mexico, but we are sooooo excited!
Mich

Post by Mich »

We will be attending with our son Brendan ROBPI (6.5 year old.) This will be our first experience with Dr. Pape, and with meeting others with this injury. We're really looking forward to it.
Michelle