camp????

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

camp????

Post by cbe411 »

I have seen many talking obut camp but are there oging to be any other TBPI other than Liz, Ryan, and myself??? Let us know PLEASE......

COurt :)
punchy sue

Re: camp????

Post by punchy sue »

I was wondering the same thing. I'm close enough that I can just come for the day and there's no way I can afford to stay the night let alone three. Do I have to pre-regester for just coming one day? What day is tailored most to TBPI topics? I was disheartened when I read the camp info and it really was just a camp for kids with OBPI. I was hoping to listen to a lecture on stuff related to new technology in TBPI research, have a few beers and finally meet some people who have the same injury.

So what day is worth my interests?

THANX SUSAN
Susie Kaye

Post by Susie Kaye »

Hi COurt.

My husband Bob and I are going to be at camp. We are looking forward to meeting all the people I have talked to and have read their posts everyday. It will be great to put faces to the names I have seen for a few years now. I'm willing to talk to anyone who has questions about my amputation.

See you there,

SusieKaye
cbe411
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: MVA in 2001, nerve graph in 2002, Median Nerve Transfer in 2004 and an unsuccessful Gracillis Muscle Transfer in 2006. I am living life and loving it! Feel free to contact me :)

Post by cbe411 »

YEAH Susie, glad to hear that you will be there too... look forward to meet ing you too!!

As for Susan... yes I Do believe that you need to pre register, so that we can have a head count. If I understand that registration materials correctly, it is $35 for a day and I think that Saturday might be the best one if yo uare just coming for one.... there will be a TBPI panel discussion..... just for TPBI.... the doctors will present that evening... there will be a PTSD session..... mothers/daughters session where we can give mothers adive, how their children can do things "differently" if ya get what I mean... Somethings to think about..... would be great to meet you! Let us know... I think registration closes on Aug 1st.....

Anyone else joining the nut farm that weekend??

alaskanmom
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Mom of daughter with complete right brachial plexus avulsion from a sledding accident

Post by alaskanmom »

My daughter Caralyn and I will also be attending. She has a RTBPI and we are really looking forward to meeting others that have a tramatic injury. We are fairly recent to this injury (January 2005) so we are still learning all the mental, emotional and physical parts that are involved. Hope to meet you all there.
Rene
cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

Rene, I emailed you, I Hope you go it.....

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Nope, we wont be coming. Looks like James will probably be having surgery soon, so its just not going to work out for us. It really bites too, because he is just now starting to want to meet other people. Maybe next time.
Nancy (Eric's Mom)

Post by Nancy (Eric's Mom) »

Hi Courtney -

Sorry - we won't be attending this year but really enjoyed meeting others at the last camp, attending the various presentations, and having a chat with Dr. B. when he came in from sailing. We'll be thinking of you this year.
cbe411

Post by cbe411 »

Nancy Long time no see.... how are things going with you guys? how is Eric? Did he have the DREZ done??

herff94

Post by herff94 »

I would like to come. What is the purpose of the camp? I have had my injury for 18 years now and quite frankly I feel that being with a large group of people w/ the same or simular injury all in one room would be depressing. A "I feel sorry for myself" kind of thing. I was determined NOT to let this injury consume my life or feel sorry for myself. I realize there will be doctors there for question. But after reading these boards for a year it seems everyone has tried everything for more movement and pain. Mayo Clinic was my choice of help and I feel they are the most up to date on this injury. I was there last year and they said drugs was their choice for pain. No thanx. I sow a doctor at North Western in Chicago that performs the DREZ surgery and he couldn't wait to get to me w/ his knife.........I ran.
I guess what I am saying is, is this just away of comparing stories and really finding no solution to our permiment pain and loss of use to our arms? It sounds kind of depressing. I have had 24 trips to Mayo to only travel back crying.
kath