Good News!

Treatments, Rehabilitation, and Recovery
admin
Site Admin

Good News!

Post by admin »

Yesterday, James "twitched" his middle finger. He was so excited. That is a first in 20 months, exactly the day he had his accident. Something must be firing somewhere.
PeggyUBPN

Re: Good News!

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Fabulous news!!

Tell James to keep at the therapy :o)

Peggy

ronin

Post by ronin »

I had a lot of movement/sensation come back that "wasn't supposed to..." according to all the tests. My trapezoid never got paralyzed, tho it did weaken due to non-use- I got alot of firing in my delts which was impossible cuz the nerve's fried, but it goes to show that everybody's wired up different. And the nerves will try to find "alternate routes" to heal themselves. After 11+ years I still get things moving or feeling from time to time and it doesn't surprise me anymore. I think physical activity and trying to make things move helps--like I keep doing "shrugs" for my trap evfen tho I got no other use for it--and physical activity, with weights, and swimming, and just flexing muscles really hard hurts like h#ll--the pain makes you wanna "baby" everything and I think that can be the worse thing a lotta times...I seem to do better in direct proportion to how much self-inflicted pain I can tolerate. Maybe that's why I'm so pro-narcotic. Everybody's different tho--so that may be bad for others. Maybe others wind up doing more damage abusing those muscles etc.This is getting too long -Ronin
babyryd

Post by babyryd »

Rene, I'm so thrilled for James! 20 months is a long time to go without any sign things coming back - he must be excited. I'm so happy for you guys - fresh new hope!
Cheers!
Lourdes