interactive metronome

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
karen r

interactive metronome

Post by karen r »

Is anyone familiar with this technique that is used for ot, pt, or cognitive issues? Has anyone's child had success with this for cognitive/academic areas?
Thanks!
Karen
admin
Site Admin

Re: interactive metronome

Post by admin »

Yes, we've used it with great success. I will email you.
Shannon03

Post by Shannon03 »

I would like some information about this too if you wouldn't mind emailing me. Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Shannon, your email is not posted in your login.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PeggyUBPN

Post by PeggyUBPN »

Very interresting!
Thanks for the link.

Peggy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Peggy, my daughter was very out of sync. On her bpi side she didn't respond because there were no "boundaries" meaning that she didn't know where her left side began and where it ended. So she was always a step behind in her reaction. Since we started using I.M. with her PT there has been a big difference. She is more rhythmic (if that's the correct word). And we don't have PT over the summer but we found this interesting toy at Toys R Us, it's called a BOP IT and although it's not her legs doing it, at least her arms are keeping up with the responses by using this toy. It's such a silly toy but it works on response time - that's the incentive of the toy.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It just so happens that my daughter's speech therapist from her school is trained in interactive metronome (her name is posted on the website's list). Once I talk to her I'll be able to comment on the technique.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

My daughter has a Bop It and loves it. The sound drives me nuts but it gives her a nice workout!