Metro from airport?

Discuss Camp UBPN
sandi raney

Metro from airport?

Post by sandi raney »

I'm flying into DCA, Reagan National, on the 15th. I will be there before the Rally. My question is... what will be the cheapest and easiest way to get to the rally? Cab? Metro? I'm worried about how much money to bring. It will be me and Megan, so will we have to pay a cab fare for both of us? I have lots of questions since Ive never really traveled alot. I was wondering what other travelers are doing right after the rally? Are you going sightseeing or to the 4-H center? Is there room on the Metro for our luggage? Thanks!!!!!! Sorry so many questions. :)
PeggyF

Re: Metro from airport?

Post by PeggyF »

Metro will definitely be cheaper. If you recieved your second mailer, there is a map of metro lines in there. You can visit the website for Metro also. I can't remember what the fairs are, but I believe Nancy posted it before and also the website for Metro.

Peggy

PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

I just saw this site advertised on CNN; it may be helpful (step by step instructions for buses, metro and even walking from point A to Point B)

http://www.hopstop.com/?city=washington

Peggy
njbirk

Post by njbirk »

Hi Sandi,

There is information in the FAQ that you should have received in your second mailing last week about camp.

Were you coming directly from Reagan National to the Rally site? That is very very easy. The metro is right there at the Airport. You don't even need to cross a street. The cost, if I remember right (cost for the metro in DC is based on time and distance travelled so it varies) is $1.35 to go to the Rally Site. You can look at the Metro map also sent in the packet of info. You can get off at the Smithsonian stop, which brings you up right onto the National Mall, then walk towards the Capitol building.

Yes, there is room for luggage on the metro. Lots of people take the metro to and from the airport because the metro stop is right there. We can watch your luggage while you sightsee as we will have someone at the Rally site at all times. And then you can take the Bus we will have there back to the 4-H camp at 4.

All the Smithsonian museums are free, and it is a good chance to see some of them after the Rally until the bus leaves. The Rally site is right next to the new museum of the American Indian and it is a fascinating museum. It is also close to the Air and Space museum.

Any more questions, just ask!

Nancy Birk
UBPN President
sandi raney

Post by sandi raney »

Hi Nancy! I guess I was a little confused. I am so glad to see that it is easy. lol I WILL be there for the Rally, I didnt want to miss it. I'm getting really excited. I wanted to see the Smithsonian while there and I wasn't sure if we could, with our luggage. So this sounds like it will be great!!! I may have other questions(lol)....Thanks for answering. Have a great Tuesday!
Sandi Raney