Live Band Dance Concert at PA Family Picnic !

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
Tom Cirino

Live Band Dance Concert at PA Family Picnic !

Post by Tom Cirino »

We just received the final word that we are going to be dancing at our picnic!

The "Me & My Uncle Band" - a classic rock dance band from the Lehigh Valley will be playing right after our "all the trimmings Thanksgiving feast". It's really going to be fun.

Thanks go to Allison Steigerwalt for getting the band - and by the way, they are donating this performance in honor of the children.

We hope you can come - you can find all the information and online registration at our new site
http://www.brachialplexuspalsyfoundation.org

Registration closes on October 30th - we have a limit on the head count so please register now.

See you on November 20th!
TNT1999

Re: Live Band Dance Concert at PA Family Picnic !

Post by TNT1999 »

Thanks for the info., Tom. I have to admit that I'm disappointed that the event will include a Thanksgiving feast. We don't celebrate holidays so I guess we'll have to pass on attending b/c we would not feel comfortable. I was really looking forward to going. ~Tina, bpmom@comcast.net
Tom Cirino

Post by Tom Cirino »

Tina,
We certainly don't want to offend your religious beliefs and for us, the feast only meant a change in menu offerings. We have changed the words back to "hot luncheon" and hope that by removing the reference to Thanksgiving, that you will still be able to come and participate.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi, Tom. I didn't expect you to change anything and was truly just sharing our beliefs and thoughts (mainly b/c if I was in your place, it's something that I would want to know). I know that our beliefs are different than most peoples' and I understand if others would like to have a Thanksgiving dinner. To be honest with you, I never even thought about Thanksiving coming up b/c I hadn't even noticed that the gathering was so close to Thanksgiving Day. Now as I look at the calendar and see how close the dates are, it makes sense to me that others would think about a Thksg. dinner. I think it just all took me by surprise (I'm not too much into surprises in general). After replying, I did give it more thought and suggested to my husband that m/b we would attend the gathering, but just do our own thing for lunch. So, anyway, we might still do that, but attending the gathering s/b fine unless the whole day involves a Thanksgiving theme (which doesn't seem to be the case). I'm truly touched by your efforts to make us feel comfortable at the gathering and really am surprised. We've never even met your family and I know when I tell my husband about this, he'll share my feelings of being surprised and overwhelmed by your thoughtfulness. Thank you so much for your understanding. I really look forward to meeting your family. We've wanted to attend this gathering for a few years and it hasn't worked out yet (this was finally going to be our chance to go, I think that's also why it hit me hard b/c I've been trying to do this for so long now). I think it's so wonderful what your family does for all our children with BPIs! Thank you very very much!

~Tina, bpmom@comcast.net
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tina, I might be out of place by asking this and if you think I am, Im sorry, and you dont have to reply, but why do you all not celebrate holidays?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

HI,

I just read your post re: changing from th holiday feast! I was going to skip the gathering because I don't celebrate thanksgiving either. I may be able to come after all!!

Thanks,

Simone
Marnie

Post by Marnie »

who is going to this event???