Time to set a date

You are welcome to post information here about planned BPI picnics, gatherings and symposia.
PeggyF

Time to set a date

Post by PeggyF »

OK, we've danced around this topic for a while and now that the holidays are over we need to pick a date and meet up!

I'm thinking Seattle or Tacoma would be best, but still open to suggestions.

My kids have spring break the first week in April, but any weekend should work (except 3rd and 4th weekend in March--they're booked already).

Feel free to email me or post here.

Peggy
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: Time to set a date

Post by Carolyn J »

OK Peggy and all Western Washington Folk, I'm stepping out to suggest the 1st weekend in April: April 1st,April 2nd.

Hugs everybody!,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
jep98056

Post by jep98056 »

April 1 or 2nd would work for me too.

John P.
Karen McClune

Post by Karen McClune »

Hi all,

April 1st or 2nd looks good for us also.

Thanks Peggy and Carolyn. Just let me know what I can do to help.

Karen

Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

Post by Carolyn J »

Oh, yea, I forgot to say...Peggy just let me know if I can do anything beyond showing up.....
Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Okay then, let's start with April 1st--not a Fool's joke!

We need to find a place where we can gather. Last time we all got together it was at the park at Point Defiance and Julia set that up. Let me talk with her and see if she's willing to do that again. We'll go from there about what we can do...might be a pot luck.
We have to have a back up place incase the weather is not good, so Carolyn, maybe you could look into another meeting place in Tacoma or Seattle area.

Thanks.
Peggy
Carolyn J

Post by Carolyn J »

Peggy and all,
I do definitely suggest a potluck.....easiest. My personal motto is "Keep it Simple"....
Hugs all around,
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

I agree...keep it simple.

I left a message for Julia yesterday; I haven't heard back from her yet.

Peggy
Chris @ Seattle

Post by Chris @ Seattle »

Count me in too. Anyone hear from Brandon Hubbard? He's local too.
PeggyF

Post by PeggyF »

Brandon is in...I think.

We may change it to the end of April. Carolyn may be gone on April 1st. We're looking for a place to get together, so as soon as we have that set I'll post again on exactly what is what.

Peggy