Here's that video of Maia playing xylophone at the Harlem Globetrotters

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Here's that video of Maia playing xylophone at the Harlem Globetrotters

Post by F-Litz »

http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia8/ima ... on%201.wmv

or you can go to http://www.youtube.com and search for FranLitz and you'll find it there

it's 3 chunks smooshed together - Maia is on the left with the tie dye shirt - check out how straight her arm is - right out of her serial cast :)
katep

Re: Here's that video of Maia playing xylophone at the Harlem Globetrotters

Post by katep »

Francine,

That is SO exciting to hear how well the serial casting is working! Did it bother Maia at all? Is the cast on all the time or...? Is it heavy? I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about your experiences with it!

Kate
marieke
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI
no external rotation against gravity, can only go to 90 degree fwd flexion, no hand-to-mouth
1 surgery at age 14 (latissimus dorsi transfer). In 2004, at age 28 I was struck with Transverse Myelitis which paralyzed me from the chest down. I recovered movement to my right leg, but need a KAFO to walk on my left leg. I became an RN in 2008.

Post by marieke »

Very nice! Good job!!
Marieke (31, LOBPI)
Marieke Dufresne RN
34, LOBPI
http://nurse-to-be08.blogspot.com
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Post by Carolyn J »

WAY TO GO,MAIA!!!! You GO, Girl!!

Mom, keep us informed and share future accomplishments too,okay?! Maia's going to have many!

HUGS to you both,
Carolyn J
Adult/LOBPI
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

Kate - I'm going to write up the whole thing and post it on Maia's site. The very short answer is that it was fabulous and fast. You'll have to be patient for the long answer but it'll be in the day or two.
katep

Post by katep »

Terrific, you'll be getting alot of hits, I know that!

Kate
ptrefam

Post by ptrefam »

How cool is that!! Way to go Maia!!
Sue
angels mom

Post by angels mom »

Your daughter is so wonderful!!! You must be very proud!!
I know I would be, i just love your site you have of her.
Thanks for the inspiration :)
F-Litz

Post by F-Litz »

Kate a draft version of the serial casting journal is online at http://www.injurednewborn.com/maia8/mylifeplan.html
Holly M

Post by Holly M »

Francine

What a wonderful website!! The serial casting is very interesting. How long will she have to wear it? My son is 2 years old (in two weeks)ROBPI. He is in therapy 3X a week, with E-stim and has a problematic splint. In two weeks he is going to get botox injections into his contracted bicep. My neurologist seems to think that the brace will work better when the arm is not so contracted. My only problem is that the brace is so heavy and I am scared for him to go to bed with it at night. What material is it made out of?? thanks for all of the resources on your site, and your words of encouragement.

Holly M