OT - Chicago & surrounding areas

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
Carolyn J
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI. I am 77 yrs old and never had a name for my injuries until 2004 when I found UBPN at age 66.

My injuries are: LOBPI on upper body and Cerebrael Palsy on the lower left extremities. The only intervention I've had is a tendon transplant from my left leg to my left foot to enable flexing t age 24 in 1962. Before that, my foot would freeze without notice on the side when wearing heels AND I always did wear them at work "to fit in" I also stuttered until around age 18-19...just outgrew it...no therapy for it. Also suffered from very very low self esteem; severe Depression and Anxiety attacks started at menopause. I stuffed emotions and over-compensated in every thing I did to "fit in" and be "invisible". My injuries were Never addressed or talked about until age 66. I am a late bloomer!!!!!

I welcome any and all questions about "My Journey".
There is NO SUCH THING AS A DUMB QUESTION.
Sharing helps to Heal. HUGS do too.

Re: OT - Chicago & surrounding areas

Post by Carolyn J »

Jennifer you are in my Prayers.
God Bless you and give you the strength and Courage and some Peace you seek.

((((HUGS))))
Carolyn J
Carolyn J
Adult LOBPI
hope16_05
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: 28 years old with a right obstetrical brachial plexus injury. 5 surgeries to date with pretty decent results. Last surgery resolved years of pain in my right arm however, I am beginning my journey with overuse in my left arm

Post by hope16_05 »

Jennifer,
Many many prayers coming your way!!! I hope you will be the one to beat the odds. Stay strong even when it is most difficult.
Thinking about you and your family!
Hugs,
Amy 20 years old ROBPI from MN
Amy 28 years old ROBPI from MN
Mare

Post by Mare »

Jennifer
My Family and I will be praying for you Please have faith and be strong and most of all never loose hope. I know we are far apart but if there is anything I can do to help please email me at Tinny61@aol.com
Mare
Kristie

Post by Kristie »

Jennifer~
Oh My! I have prayed for you. I am so not sure what else to say. My heart hopes all the best for you and your family!
Blessings,
Kristie
Brenda333
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: Daughter has global palsy (c5-T1 injury) 5 surgeries at Texas Children's by Dr
Laurent, Shenaq, and Nath. 1st Surel graft 2nd Intercostal transfer 3rd Latisimus Dorsi transfer with subscapular release 4th Pec release 5th Bicep lenghtening, (which weakened her bicep, and contracture returned.) Has went through serial casting with fair results. Her arm is about a hand shorter then the other. She has limited hand function. (able to grasp) Arm stays pronated. Unable to get to neutral. Now dealing with sternoclavicular subluxation. All that being said....She is very functional. She is a very determined, strong, tenacious young woman. Now 15. She plays the trumpet, french horn, drums, guitar, and now learning piano. Has always played on a softball, and basketball team. Until recently, for fear of further injury due to the sternoclavicular subluxation. (separation of colarbone from sternum) Not sure if all this is spelled right.
--

Post by Brenda333 »

Jennifer,
I am so sorry this has happened to you. Will definitely keep you in my prayers. Hang in there.
Brenda
Brenda
BPI Connection
http://www.freewebs.com/wbpic
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Jennifer,
I will continue to pray for you as I have in the past. Please stay strong and know that Dave, Brandon and I are all praying for you !!! GAYLE mom of Brandon ROBPI
Kath
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: I am ROBPI, global injury, Horner's Syndrome. No surgery but PT started at 2 weeks old under the direction of New York Hospital. I wore a brace 24/7 for the first 11 months of my life. I've never let my injury be used as an excuse not to do something. I've approach all things, in life, as a challenge. I approach anything new wondering if I can do it. I tried so many things I might never have tried, if I were not obpi. Being OBPI has made me strong, creative, more determined and persistent. I believe that being obpi has given me a very strong sense of humor and compassion for others.

Post by Kath »

Jennifer
You and your family are in my prayers.
Your faith and hope are strong and prayers can make great changes.

I'm at a loss for words to comfort you at this time but my prayers go with you.

Kath robpi/adult
Kath robpi/adult

Kathleen Mallozzi
Allison

Post by Allison »

Jennifer,
You are in my family's thoughts and prayers. We are so sorry to hear this news.