DR.NATH

Forum for parents of injured who are seeking information from other parents or people living with the injury. All welcome
momxthree

DR.NATH

Post by momxthree »

Can anyone tell me what hospital in Texas Dr. Nath works out of? I haven't been there in five years. I recall hearing that he does not work out of Texas Children's Hospital anymore. I'm going out there and I wasn't sure. Thanks
Mare

Re: DR.NATH

Post by Mare »

He works out of Herman Memorial at least thats where he was in 2006 when Frankie had his surgery it was a nice hospital each room was private and had a pet fish in the room and the kids could get anything they wanted to eat 24/7 Frankie had chicken fingers at 2am. Mare
momxthree

Post by momxthree »

Thanks I really appreciate that. Can you tell me what Hotel is close. I was think of staying at the Mariott. Would that be within walking distance or is that far?
jljm

Post by jljm »

We were just there in December. We stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is not within walking distance but they had an awesome shuttle service every day (even weekends) that took us to the hospital and anywhere else in the area we wanted to go.
momxthree

Post by momxthree »

Thanks I really appreciate that. Can you tell me what Hotel is close. I was think of staying at the Mariott. Would that be within walking distance or is that far?
F-Litz
Injury Description, Date, extent, surgical intervention etc: LOBPI, LTBPI at age 6.5, Sensory Issues, CP, Diaphragm Weakness, Aspberger's

Post by F-Litz »

I like the Marriott - they have an indoor pool and hot tub and it's fun. The rooms are well put together. I've been to the holiday inn 4 different times and each time was a different experience. The first time we had a suite and it was beautiful, the last two times were really yucky. But I do know that hotels in general may have some floors that have been renovated and refurbished and some floors not, so if you walk into your room and don't like it, don't accept it, get another one and if they can't accomodate you, then walk out and you'll see how fast a better room will become available. All the hotels down there have shuttles. We usually only stayed at the hotel for one night, the night before surgery. Then we both stayed at the hospital and cat napped here and there... well HE catnapped, I always stayed up. And when we got discharged we always went right to the airport, so we only needed one night in the hotel.

Best of luck,
francine
Mare

Post by Mare »

I'll have to ask Frankie what the name of the place was it was suits 2 double beds kitchen and living room laundry down the hall out door pool free breakfast buffet (big one) and 4-7 snacks in lobby sodas beer, wine nachos wings ect. CVS and grocey store is next door and a shuttle that takes you where ever you want to go free we even went out to dinner. Dr Naths Paients get a discount I would recomend it highly. And if you need transportation from the airport call Eddie @ 713-679-0010 or 281-935-4787 or email legacy.limo@hotmail.com He is the same price as a cab but will meet you at the terminal get your bags. And going home Frankie was in a wheel chair he got us through security really fast without disturbing Frankie. He also told us to get a note from Dr Nath stating the splint can not be removed or x-rayed so they didn't touch him. And he will tell you where it is safe to go at night there where alot of homeless people when we were there do to Katrina and the crime rate was very high but the hotel had 24 security and gates around the hotel that you needed a room card to open. Hope this helps I'll get the name when Frankie gets home. Mare
brandonsmom

Post by brandonsmom »

Mare,
Residence Inn, that is where we wlways stayed. It was great !! GAYLE
Mare

Post by Mare »

Yes thats the place god I think I'm getting alhemizers
Mare
brandonsmom